Author Topic: Roll of Honour Book for Selkirk.  (Read 19832 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Roll of Honour Book for Selkirk.
« on: Monday 19 September 05 20:15 BST (UK) »
Went to a car boot on Sunday and picked up the 'Roll of Honour Book for the Parish and Burgh of Selkirk 1914-1918'.
It lists the 292 men of Selkirk who lost their lives during the war of 1914-1918 in both the Army and Navy.
Also gives the 1004 men of Selkirk who served and survived in the war of 1914-1918 in both the Army and Navy.
It gives the name(s) of the soldier, his regiment (sometimes), how long he fought for, and sometimes gives medals awarded also.
Can do lookup's and put the book to good use.
Dawn

Offline Alexandrina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Roll of Honour Book for Selkirk.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 September 05 11:51 BST (UK) »
Dear Dawn,
What a brilliant find;

a) Is it possible to photocopy the pages at all? If it is I would like to send you some money and have copies of that  honour roll booklet.  Perhaps I could put the soldier's names up on the web and give those men their own Web-Page.

Could you please let me know if you would have the time and access to a photocopy machine.

MURRAY NOBLE MOFFAT MACDOUGALL  LEES MCINNES  RINTOUL KENNEDY ANDERSON HALL KELSO REID BOWES STEWART LINTON GAFF LOWRIE  ELLIOTT  GRANT TURNBULL BURNETT STENHOUSE MONTGOMERY SWORD CARROLL DALGLEISH  Mostly of the Scottish Borders Selkirk & Melrose Temple Balantrodoch & Skye

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 October 05 21:07 BST (UK) »
Yes i'll do that for you.
Do you live in the UK?

Offline Alexandrina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Follow Up: Roll of Honour Book for Selkirk.
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 October 05 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn,

Thank you  for your reply. I live in Sydney Australia however I shall send enough to cover postage and copying etc. Please let me know how much that would cost.  I will start on the web page as soon as I receive the material. 

Please also send me a private email with your postal address . I have already been researching the Selkirkshire soldiers who served in the Army  1770-1850 and to have these latter day soldiers included with the others would be very appropriate.

Cheers
Sandie
MURRAY NOBLE MOFFAT MACDOUGALL  LEES MCINNES  RINTOUL KENNEDY ANDERSON HALL KELSO REID BOWES STEWART LINTON GAFF LOWRIE  ELLIOTT  GRANT TURNBULL BURNETT STENHOUSE MONTGOMERY SWORD CARROLL DALGLEISH  Mostly of the Scottish Borders Selkirk & Melrose Temple Balantrodoch & Skye

Offline xenia1

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 22:57 GMT (UK) »
hello
have you got anything on the name Munro

regards
Elaine
Mother side, Burges, Sanders, Wheeler, Ashford, Holmes, Love, Hunt.
father side Munro,Wright, Barret. Husband Side  Young, Craig, Burnside,
Braddon, Nicholls, Dorrington.

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

There's an Ian Munro,Private, Royal Welch Fus 1917-18
He DIDN'T survive the war.

Thats all i can see.

Offline Alexandrina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 January 06 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn,

Could you please check to see if there is an Alexander Buchan Murray born about 1817  listed in the 1841 census for Selkirk

Thank you

Sandie 8)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 January 06 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
No there aren't any sorry about that. By the way i saw your other message about photocopying the Roll of Honour Book, i will find out how much it would cost this end and let you know.

Offline Delphinum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 January 06 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Would it be possible to check if any Taylors of Galasheils or Whites of Clovenfords, Melrose or Ayton are in that book please? 
I'm just starting out on my search for my family's background and it would be helpful to find out something...
Thanks,
Ang xx
Whites in Dunbar, Ayton & Galashiels, Scotland.  Taylors of Galashiels & Lincolnshire.  Solans and Morans in Ireland.  Mulvies in Clovenfords, Scotland.  Reynolds of Dunbar.  Dodds of Ayton.