Author Topic: Stephenson of Selside  (Read 4011 times)

Offline LCL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stephenson of Selside
« on: Thursday 22 September 05 13:53 BST (UK) »
Looking for anyone who has a interest in the name Stephenson, mainly from Selside area of Westmorland.  In particular Anthony Stephenson.

thanks Linda

Offline IreneJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stephenson of Selside
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynda, I have an interest in Anthony Stephenson of Selside. I think he is my husband's 3rd great grandfather. My Anthony was born in 1779 and moved to Manchester with his family about 1820.  Is he the same Anthony?  Irene

Offline LCL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene,

great to hear from you, Would you be able to give me his wife name, We as in Three of us here in Australia have been working on the Stephenson's of Selside on and off for years, I even went to selside etc some years back now.

We have our direct lines down, but yes there is more than one Anthony and I would definitely say connected.
Ours Goes right back to Anthony & Frances nee Airey and further back data collated from church records etc Love to hear from you and feel free to contact my on seamus15@bigpond.net.au

Offline BridgetM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 January 17 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Have you ordered all the Stevenson/Stephenson wills from the Lancashire Record Office?  I think I have all the Selside wills from 1560-1820, and there are quite a few Stevensons.

Offline LCL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 January 17 12:20 GMT (UK) »
HI Irene,

yes there is heaps of those wills we have them all here digitised was a big job back when we did it but worth it. and yes your connected, going over your email now

cheers

Linda

Offline IreneJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 January 17 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thank you both very much! I've just been on the Lancashire Archives site and downloaded Anthony's marriage to Mary Wilson! Having great fun, just shows what you can find if someone shows you where to look!  Irene