Author Topic: 1841/1851 census  (Read 1140 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1841/1851 census
« on: Sunday 25 September 05 19:58 BST (UK) »
Looking for Ann Moulton (born around 1781)
Looking for William and Charlotte Day (born 1814/1813)
Looking For Rosenia Day (born around 1842)
Looking for William and Mary Partridge (born around 1816/1822 resp)

Have these folks in 1861 but would welcome info for 1841/1851.

Moulton and day were in Sudbury area, possibly shifting to Bulmer in Essex at some point.
many thanks
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 census
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Here is Ann in 1841

Joseph Moulton, age 50, labourer, born in county
Ann Moulton, age 60, born in county
Robert Day, age 6, born in county

Church Street
Sudbury
HO 107 1044
folio 29 page 12

I will look the others up and post findings.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 10:17 BST (UK) »
I think this could be William and Charlotte

William Day, age 24, ag lab, born in county
Charlotte Day, age 25, born in county
James Day, age 1 born in county

and next door are

John Day, age 32,ag lab,not born in county
Mary Day age 34, born in county
John Day age 11, born in county
Mary Day, age 8,born in county
Susanna Day, age 6, born in county
Eliza Day, age 4,born in county
Sarah Day, age 1, born in county

High Street
Little Waldingfield
Sudbury
HO 107 1012
folio 6 page 6

Are William and Mary brother and sister or are they man and wife, let me know any other details on them and I will take another look.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 19:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help! William and Mary Partridge are husband and wife who have a daughter Mary Partridge in 1842. This daughter goes on to marry James day who is the son born to William and Charlotte Day in 1840.
I was not aware of the family of John and Mary day living next door to William and Charlotte in 1841 but they are clearly related - I will explore that one later!
In the meantime, my two main quests are:
I cannot trace the marriage of James Day to Mary a Partridge (both are still at home with their parents in 1861 but by 1871, they are living in Mile End, London, with children born 1862(sudbury), 1864 and 1866 (London) and 1869 (Sudbury). Any help on this would be appreciated.
I am also intrigued by the relationship of Joseph and Ann Moulton (what is the relationship of young Robert with them in 1841?). In 1851, william and Charlotte have a son Robert who may fit the bill! By 1851, Ann Moulton is living on her own and in 1861, she is living with William and Charlotte Day and is listed as 'mother'.That would imply to me that maybe Charlotte Day was nee Moulton but I cannot get anywhere with that! Neither can I trace a record of a marriage between William day and Charlotte (only one is in 1837 Sudbury-William day married a Charlotte Game!)
All help and suggestions would be appreciated!
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
Your welcome with the lookup for 1841, unfortunately the 1841 does not give relations in the information,could the Moultons be Charlottes parents??
Nicky

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 21:14 BST (UK) »
That was my immediate response but I cannot trace Charlottle Moulton anywhere? Can you?!!!
Caroline