Author Topic: HYAM / HYAMS - Plumstead, Kent 1890 onwards  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HYAM / HYAMS - Plumstead, Kent 1890 onwards
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Wait! What? Now you have me a little confused.

What information do you have showing Charles, Ellen and Thomas  in Upwell Norfolk until 1864? Thank you for sharing that but  you have not mentioned this before.

Also you have not said which record or article you found Thomas and Sarah in 1881.

Don’t you think that the Liverpool Sarah is more likely to be the child of Charles Higham and Ellen Taylor?

Also just found today, in 1861 census we have a Charles Higham age 21, a coppersmith, living in Lancs and b: Liverpool. I highly doubt that this is the same Charles found in 1851 as b: Thetford in 1825 and an ag lab, especially now you say they were in Norfolk until 1864

Where did you find information that Ellen found in 1851 was previously known as Barker or
Berkin?

How do you know that our Thomas was born in 1856 in Norwich?

Please put me out of my misery and share the real facts. If they are assumptions then please say so and why you made those assumptions, as I have with Cornelius.

Thank you.

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 03:48 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear

Liverpool Sarah is not the child of Charles Higham and Ellen Taylor.

If you do your searching correctly, (I told you it is on Lancashire OPC) there is one entry for a Sarah Ellen Hyam, baptised on I think it is the 15th of February, 1865.  Her parents names, I quote, are Charles Hyam ( NOT Higham) and Ellen Hyam.
They are residents of Liverpool, and Charles' occupation is a Coppersmith.

So Charles Hyam born in 1825, would be almost 40 years old.

The Hyam name is not misspelt in Sarah's Baptism entry/ record.

Linda, go to Lancashire OPC website, and find the entry.  When you get the list of parishes, click St Peter's, then the year 1865. Then scroll to February.  You'll see it.

I have another genealogy site that showed me an article where the two children are living in St Pancras in 1881.

These two facts I know.  I wouldn't waste time keep looking for other Charles and Ellens that aren't the right couple.

Sharon

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sharon. I was aware of the Hyam/ Higham variant in the entries.

I would appreciate if you could please share the details that you found for the happy family in Upwell up to 1864, and the 1881 article.

Thanks

Offline Sharon S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda

Have you found the baptism entry for Satah Ellen Hyam at Lan OPC yet?
It is under Liverpool Central, St Peter, 1864-1865.

Sarah Ellen Hyam
Parents: Charles and Ellen Hyam
Baptism: 6 March 1865 St Peter, Liverpool, Lancashire.
Born: 15 February 1865
Abode: Naylor Street
Baptised by A J Tomlin, Curate
Register of Baptisms 1864-1865, Page 388
Entry 3104
Source: LDS Film 93892

Offline Linda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Yes thank you I saw it a few days ago when you first mentioned it and do realize the variant in surname.

What do you have for Charles,  Ellen and Thomas in Upwell Norfolk, you mentioned a few posts ago that they were there until 1864

Thanks

Offline jocoin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Cornelius Hyam, publican (B1814?), is listed as the father to Albert Charles Hyam, on his marriage certificate to Lizzie Bullock in 1884.  Mother listed is Jane (Craddock?)... Son to Albert and Lizzie is Bert Hiram born in 1900 in Brandon Suffolk England, found Bert Jones on passenger list of ship landing in Quebec in 1904, siblings listed match and include an Agnes and Harry. Bert Jones death certificate shows born same date in England, death in 1945 in Picton, parents unknown. Could some Hyam descendants changed their surname to Jones upon emigration to Canada?