Author Topic: Ernest Augustus Little  (Read 3301 times)

Offline morrie28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ernest Augustus Little
« on: Sunday 15 August 04 06:27 BST (UK) »
Ernest Augustus Little was reputedly born at sea 1867 on a voyage to Canada. The first reference to him in New Zealand was in !894. He married Rose Elizabeth Barrett in Wellington, NZ, in 1895.  His father was described as an Inspector of Army Schools.
 An Ernest Augustus Little married at Aston, Warwickshire, in 1892, possibly to Sarah Jane Postings, who died in 1893 at Aston. Can anyone help me to make a connection between these events and provide information on the Little and Postings families

Offline alexash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Augustus Little
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 August 04 12:58 BST (UK) »
Ernest Augustus Little (my GG Uncle) was the son of John (1820-1891) and Bridget (née Plant) Little. I have him as born on 7 June 1866 in Montreal. You are quite right that John Little was an Inspector of Army Schools. I cannot be sure about either the marriage to Sarah Postings in 1892, or the marriage to Rose Elizabeth Barrett in 1985 that appears elsewhere on the web, except to say that Aston, Warwickshire was very near where his parents were living until their deaths in 1891. I believe the Littles were of Ireland originally (I have some crested silver with a Dublin hallmark) but have not been able to get back further than John Little as yet.