Author Topic: Carr - biscuit makers of Carlisle  (Read 9965 times)

Offline Tracey1408

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carr - biscuit makers of Carlisle
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 August 17 11:59 BST (UK) »
Just a quick follow up the John cecil Carr who married Dorothy Hunnybun according to the marriage licence on ancestory , his father was Thomas carr so I don't think that's the same John cecil Carr.
Although it's starting to look like I'm on a wild goose chase and family rumour isn't true. I'll keep digging thou

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carr - biscuit makers of Carlisle
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 August 17 13:00 BST (UK) »
Thomas CARR was the head of the biscuit family.  The administrators of JCC's estate were brothers and biscuit manufacturers.

You said you grandfather had a business in Ripon ... assuming he is now no longer alive, what was his name and where/when was he born?
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.