Author Topic: Parslow Family Lookup Please  (Read 12180 times)

Offline nz bob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Parslow Family Lookup Please
« on: Thursday 29 September 05 02:44 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Eli John Parslow [could be known as John] born c.1821/c.1833.  Father Luke Parslow.  Mother Mary Ann [or Ann] Cretchley.  Born Bristol/Gloucestershire, possibly Dursley/Kingstanley area.  We know that Eli John emigrated to Victoria Australia and had a brother Henry also in Victoria.  There was a first marriage possibly in England then in 1861 he married Esther Ingle in Victoria.

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Parslow Family Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 September 05 20:01 BST (UK) »
Found these

HO 107/370/4  =  Kingstanley
Sch. 21, Page 13
Peck Street

PARSLOW
Luke - 35 - woollen cloth weaver
Maria - 40
George - 15
Maria - 12
Elizabeth - 8
H - 6
Emma - 1

:)
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 September 05 20:34 BST (UK) »
I can't find him in 1851

http://www.rootsweb.com/~cotswold/kingstanley51.txt

but this might be him in 1861?

RG9/834   14   2

PARSLOW Eli visitor U 19 - railway labourer - N K

Address: Watford Heath, Hertfordshire (the home of John GLENERSTER, who also doesn't know where he came from)

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline palazz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 February 06 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi NzBob.
I have just noticed your posting. This " family " is also of interest to me as I am endeavoring to establish a connection with my Great Great Grand Father James Parslow who was Born in Horsley/Nailsworth in 1825.
My late Father had a letter from a Christopher Joseph Parslow ( Son of Henry Parslow M /Ellen Tudor, Henry's Parents Luke Parslow & Ann Cretchley ) who mentioned  that he understood they were cousins.
An Eli John Parslow, married 3 times and died in 1884 in Echuca Victoria Australia.
Would appreciate a reply if you think here is a connection with your Eli
Regards
Jim Parslow
Croydon Hills Victoria
Australia

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 January 10 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi NZBob,
I have only just read your message. I am descended from Henry Parslow and have a lot of family history for the Parslows. I also knew Chris Parslow and am in touch with his son Ian. I am new to this webpage and am not sure how make email contact. If you know how, could you email me and I can try and fill any gaps.
Frank
Emerald
Victoria

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 January 10 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

This thread is quite old now - as you noticed - so I hope that the original posters return and reply to you!  It looks as though Jim didn't get a reply, which is a shame.

You can post a Personal Message to those you want to contact by email - but you need to make at least one further post, in order to activate the PM system.

Good luck!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 January 10 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Jim,

Welcome to RootsChat.

Did you notice that the James Parslow information you have is from the IGI and that it is submitted by an LDS member?  One should never accept submitted entries without checking source documents.

I have lots of info from various parishes and assure you that I can find no Parslow baptism in Horsley in 1825.  The GFHS CD of GLS baptisms 1813 - 1837 gives no James Parslow either.

In my stuff for 1824 there's a baptism on June 29 John son of Abraham and Esther Parslo of Horsley Weaver by AK (my shorthand for Anthony Keck the curate).

Regards

Chas

My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi to all Parslow interested people,
Further to my earlier message, I am descended from Henry Parslow who arrived in Australia IN 1854 with his sister Elizabeth. They also had a brother Eli who came to Australia in 1838 as a 15 year old convict. They were children of Luke Parlow and Ann Cretchley. Luke was originally from Coaley and I have a family tree for him going back to 1600. I would be happy to provide any information to anyone interested.
Henry also another brother, Joseph, baptised in Dursley in Dec 1824. It is possible that he also was in Australia in the 1850s, which I would like to confirm or otherwise. I noticed that there is a Joseph Parslow in the 1881 UK census, about the right age and born in Dursley, with a wife Margaret. Does anyone know anything else about him?
Frank
Emerald

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 19:05 GMT (UK) »
According to my family tree Luke Parslow and Ann Cretchley were my Great Great Great maternal Grandparents and would be grateful if you could provide more information.  Could you confirm that Luke's parents were Stephen Parslow and Jean Smith and his Grandparents John Parslow and Ann Cole.  Would appreciate as much information as possible on the Parslows.

Many thanks.