Author Topic: Parslow Family Lookup Please  (Read 12195 times)

Offline bevince2811

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parslow Family Lookup Please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 April 10 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi NZBob,
I have only just read your message. I am descended from Henry Parslow and have a lot of family history for the Parslows. I also knew Chris Parslow and am in touch with his son Ian. I am new to this webpage and am not sure how make email contact. If you know how, could you email me and I can try and fill any gaps.
Frank
Emerald
Victoria

Hi,

I amdoing research for my wifes's family in Victoria, Australia. She was adopted by a Kevin Robert Parslow b. 17 Oct 1925, who had married her birth mother Nelly May Holland. He himself was adopted by a Thomas Parslow b. 1876, Echuca, Victoria and Martha Matilda (Nee Triffitt) b . 18 Jan 1890, Hay N.S.W. She died 19 Feb 1975 in Melbourne and Thomas died 22 FEb 1949 also in Melbourne. Would there be any chance these Parslows are connected to your family tree?

Thanks Vince

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 April 10 06:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Vince,
Yes, the families are definitely connected. Thomas Parslow was one of the sons of an Eli Parslow, and I am descended from Henry Parslow who was one of Eli's brothers. I also live in Victoria and you can ring me on XXXXXXXXXXX. I hope to hear from you.
Regards
Frank

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid abuse
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Smithsquared

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 16:08 BST (UK) »
Wow, more information than I could dream of, slightly distant relative, my Mothers Great Great Grandfather was Philip Cretchley (b 1802 in Dursley), brother of Ann Cretchley (b 1799). Had just been filling in details of other Cretchley's and had reached the Parslow branch. I had Luke Parslow and Ann's children as only 5, earliest in my list was George (b 1826) served as a private in India and died in UK in 1879. Next I had Maria, not sure but believe she married Stephen Alpass and died in Gloucestershire in 1902, after that I had Elizabeth (b 1833), Henry (b 1835) and Eliza (b 1837) but have been struggling with finding out any more about them. I also believe Ann Parslow (nee Cretchley) died was buried on the 19th October 1836. Following that my research leads me to Luke marrying  Maria Aldridge 7th July 1839 with a daughter Emma born shortly afterwards.

Looks like I have found out why I can't find anything about a number of them after the 1841 census, hope you folks still subscribe to this and can let me know details (BMD's) for the Parslows.

Thanks

Bob

Offline bevince2811

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Our Email is *

hope we are able to assist you. Regards, Vince Downey

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: email address removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline yellingbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 13 September 14 12:31 BST (UK) »
hi , my great aunt married christopher parslow , her name margaret currie , they had a son ian or christopher, any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks. sandy  brisbane qld. australia.
Currie, Mciver, Petrie, Fraser, Mckenzie,
Seaton, Cannon, Douglas, Pearce, Anderson,
Skirde, Pannwitz, Schulz, Weirandt, Wichert, Frohling,
Carsteus

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 13 September 14 22:56 BST (UK) »
I am closely related to that family and I published a book about the Parslows last year. I am happy to provide any information you may need. I will try and leave you my email adress on the separate message system.
Regards
Frank

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 14 September 14 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Hope the following baptisms helps:-
Henry PARSLOW, son of Luke & Ann, a Weaver of Peck Street, baptised at St George, King Stanley, 7th June 1835. Also:-
15/06/1837, Eliza
27/03/1833, Elizabeth
28/05/1833, George b. 07/09/1826
07/06/1835, Henry
24/05/1829, Maria
St James the Great, Dursley, Baptisms, Children of Luke & Ann PARSLOW:-
25/12/1823, Eli
14/12/1831, Elizabeth
17/09/1826, George
20/12/1824, Joseph
St Bartholomew, Coaley, Baptisms, Child of Luke & Ann PARSLOW:-
28/11/1819, Stephen
Any more for any more?

Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 14 September 14 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I forgot to mention that an Elizabeth PARSLOW was buried at St Mary the Virgin, Berkeley, aged 17d.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline J Browne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 13 November 17 04:32 GMT (UK) »
 Hi are you still looking for information on the Parslow family.

regards

Lloyd Parslow