Author Topic: Reed and Graham families Whitehaven  (Read 1757 times)

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Reed and Graham families Whitehaven
« on: Thursday 29 September 05 11:25 BST (UK) »
Would appreciate if anyone could help me with 1841 and 1851 census information for James Reed and Ann Graham. James was born in 1805 and Ann in 1803. Both were born in Whitehaven, Cumberland. James and Ann were married in 1833 in the Holy Trinity Church, Whitehaven.  I know they had a son Henry but know nothing of siblings. Ann's parent's names were Ann Hallifax and William Graham.

Whilst I have asked about census information in this request, if anyone can give me any snippets of information about this family I would be grateful. Thanks

Offline Andi R

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "Neither by chance nor fate"
    • View Profile
Re: Reed and Graham families Whitehaven
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 October 05 21:41 BST (UK) »
Oh Elsie Ellen!!!

I feel like kicking myself I have just spent three hours walking around the Whitehaven Cemetary, I wasn't looking for "Reed's" but I did see several in the old cemetary, I don't know when I'll be going back there. I am so sorry  :'(

Can I suggest you ask someone to look out for them the next time they are there, I will look out for them, but won't be there for a while as I walked miles today, without finding any of mine

I do however remember that one name was "Peter Reed" or "Reid" you may think this is stupid but I remember that 'cause he is was a soccer manager

I won't be going to the records office for a while but I will add it to my list to look for

Andrew
Co Durham_and_Roxburgh_Rutherford
Hampshire_Nichols
Durham_Wilkinson
Roxburgh_Burns_Pringle
Northumberland/Durham_Thompson_Rutherford
Cumberland_Nichols_(Holliday_Jackson-Flimby_area)
Whitehaven_Swainson
Whitehaven_Dobbins_Nulty

Offline Tosh Reed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Reed and Graham families Whitehaven
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Elsie,

Im also researching Reed's of Whitehaven, I am connected through Thompson Reed, who may be James Reed's brother.