Author Topic: Catherine Kearns  (Read 5679 times)

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Catherine Kearns
« on: Monday 16 August 04 02:56 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with finding my gg grandmother Catherine Kearns. The 1900 US census I have says she was born in Northern Ireland in Nov. 1863. Her parents were James and Mary Kearns. So far no one has been able to link her to my gg grandfather Thomas Birchall other than through this census, and they had 5 children together!!! James- July 1883, Thomas A- March 1885, Catherine- Oct. 1885, William-my g grandfather-Dec 1894, and Charles- April 1897. Do any of these names sound familiar?? She passed away on March 1, 1905 of pneumonia, in Pawtucket, RI. Please help. Thank you so much.
Birchall, Cooper, Kearns, Hope, Desmarias
Scotland, England, Ireland, Canada?, France?

Offline AUSSIETIMM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Kearns
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 August 04 06:27 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon Catherine
                                        My name is Timm Cooke from Australia as looking over your imphomation you wouldn't by chance have the Old cemetery records of OLD KILWAUGHTER CEMETERY amoungst your collection as that Iam stuck as to with the 1851 it allows a little on My fathers Grt Grt Grt Grt grandfather but nothing on those whom were employed at Kilwaughter Castle and there Occupation as far as my father recall's he's name Cook/Cooke came from the owners of the Castle of Kilwaughter as they could not prenon'ce there surname...The time they were employed there name sounds like CONTRASAVICK? /CONTASTASTRAFY? as theres no proof of thus? along with castle documention to say whom's occupation was whom's hoping that the LDS or PRONI or UHF and Other documention has not been of recorderd as the only name they received was Cook / Cooke is there by any chance that of you or someone else might see if there has been documention of the employee's census of Kilwaughter Castle?  Hoping that you can help Timm Cooke Australia  ??? :)

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 August 04 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Timm. I'm at a complete loss on any of the castle info. Catherine Kearns is my gg grandmother and for some reason I can't even find her anywhere until the 1900 US census. I'll see what I can find though. Did you try the Irish Geneaolgy website?
Niki ;D

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 September 04 15:29 BST (UK) »
I just sent for my great grandfather's birth certificate from RI. I'm hoping this will give me a little bit more info on Catherine. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Still haven't come up with Catherine and Thomas' marriage anywhere, but I'll just keep writing 'til I do.  ;)