Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204290 times)

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #324 on: Monday 16 July 12 09:46 BST (UK) »
my great great grandfather was William Murray m Emily McLure they both lived in Duntocher and my gran told me she used to go to visit them when she was a child. Any relatives still in Clydebank. Her father was Arthur Scott Murray.

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there bellabriggs, your g.grandfather Arthur Scott Murray was the brother of my granny, Flora McLure McIntyre Murray. (she married William Stewart)  Which one of Arthurs daughters was your granny?  I know there are descendants of his daughter Flora still in Duntocher. (she married Michael Maloney)
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:27 BST (UK) »
my grandmother was Emily Murray born 1897 d 1974 she married Gilbert Craig 1914-she had twin brothers who died and a twin sister who also died, heer sisters were Maggie,Jessie,Flora,sally,mary,and abrother john.

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:53 BST (UK) »
Okay, that narrows things down for me  :)  I have your granny's marriage 30th October 1914.  So the twin brothers who died would have been Arthur & Thomas??
The other children I have are Mary (abt. 1896), Emily (6 Jan 1897), Sarah McLure (30 Jul 1905), would that be "Sally" ?, Flora McLure (30 Jul 1905), althought I don't have a death for her she must have died because I have another Flora born 17 June 1912.  And I don't have John at all, so thanks for that info.  Does the above tally with what you know?
I have your g.grandfather dying in 1929 and your g.granny dying in 1932.
I am in Australia, but you have at least 2 people that I know of that are related to you through Arthur living in Duntocher.
Helen
ROSEANN, WEE MO, DEB, are you following this, jump in at any time  ;)
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:59 BST (UK) »
I have been in touch with Roseann McEwan if that's the same Roseanne,don't kknow the others.What relation is related through Arthur.=s

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: Monday 16 July 12 23:28 BST (UK) »
Roseann (McEwan) should be able to tell you anything you need regarding relatives still in Duntocher  :)
Best of luck,
Helen

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 04:28 BST (UK) »
Hi there Bellabrigs,

Deb here, Jumping in  :D Apologies for not chatting sooner, the last couple of days have been hectic.

Your G. Grandfather Arthur Murray was brother to my g. Gran Flora Mclure McIntyre Murray.  Her daughter Margaret Stewart - (that married Charles Coyle) was my Gran.

You have a ton of Stewart cousins still in Duntocher, and like Helen says, Roseann and Wee Mo are the closest relations to you.

Very glad to meet you, and welcome to the rootschat.  I see on another post of yours thatyou have an old photo of the McLures?  We would all love to see thatif you could scan it and upload it for us all here.   :)
Deb

Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Thursday 19 July 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry for not getting back sooner, I'm trying to get the photo for you,it originally came from Roseann I'll post it on as soon as. Thanks for welcoming me into the fold,I stay in Clydebank myself but my family are all in Glasgow.I have a cousin in america whom I'm in contact with and she knows a bit about the Murrays and I think the McLures as she is 70 and remembers a lot.I also have cousins in Melbourne related to my dad's brother Alex.hope to hear from yo again.Mary xx

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Thursday 19 July 12 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,
Who is the cousin in America?  Is she doing the family history as well?  We would love to make her aquaintance as well :) 
Looking forward to seeing the picture, hopefully we can figure out who is all in it.
Deb
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley