Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204256 times)

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #333 on: Thursday 19 July 12 18:04 BST (UK) »
she is Emily Murray's son Sammy Craig's daughter,her sister was called after my Granny. My granny was Arthur's daughter Emily she had 6 sons and  4 girls.the boys were Arthur,Sammy,gilbert,Robert,Alex,Hghie. The girls were Janet(Jenny}Betty,Netta,charlotte.Hughie is only surviving son and the girls except Jenny are still alive. she is interested in the family tree,but she also has a finger in american politics.This is her and her sister.

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Thursday 19 July 12 18:31 BST (UK) »
Nice picture  :) Thanks for the list of Emily & Gilbert Craig's children, I didn't have any of them noted down before, so thanks for that!  The cousin in America - She's Sammy Craig's daughter, what is her name?
And who was your Mum & Dad Mary?
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Thursday 19 July 12 19:39 BST (UK) »
her name is jean craig falcone and her sister is Emily Durie. my dad was Robert Boyd Craig and my mum is Mary Pennie McDonald. There is a Pennie listed as clydebank this might be one of my mums relatives,one of her Auntys was born in Clydebank.Roseanne gave me details of most of the family. I take it you are connected to both the McLure and the Stewarts.Do you have any old pics.

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Thursday 19 July 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi again Mary,
Thanks for the extra info.
Yes, I am connected to both - my Mother was Gretta Coyle, grandparents Margaret Stewart & Charlie Coyle, G. grandparents Flora McLure McIntyre Murray & William Stewart, 2x g grandparents Emily McLure & William Murray, 3x gt grandparents William Mclure and Flora Mcintyre.  From there.... all the McLure's of Sleat, and McIntyres of Mull, but we haven't had a lot of success tracing the Mull families due to lack of parish registers.
I have been researching for about 20 years, and I have tons of pictures, but nothing really old...
Actually, I had them all set up on a web site for the whole family to see, but the darn site (MSN) closed down, and I have not re-done another web site as yet.  I will have to knuckle down to that one day.
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Thursday 19 July 12 21:44 BST (UK) »
I'd also like to thank you for the info, I didn't have it either.  But Deb & I share, so that's no surprise  :)  We share the same McLure/Murray/Stewart lineage, my mother was a sister to Deb's granny. Who is the rellie in Melbourne? 
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline weemo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Sunday 29 July 12 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hello guys,

As haven't been well as such over last six months, I will take in all the details and digest it.

Roseann did tell  me about you Mary.

I'm Moira on the McLure side too.
McNeillie,Mutter,McLure,Watson,Orr,Bryden.

Offline bellabriggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Sunday 29 July 12 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi there was it you who sent the picture of the McLures to Roseann? I can't find the copy she sent me it won't come up on system.By the way nice to hear from you.

Offline margaret sarah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Saturday 11 August 12 16:30 BST (UK) »
More photos,

Margaret Sarah

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Sunday 12 August 12 16:45 BST (UK) »
Nice pictures!!!   :)  What a blast form the past seeing the old Duntocher tram. 
Hope you are well, and enjoying the summer ~ it seems ages since we last had a chat on here.
Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm sure everyone enjoyed seeing them.