Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204441 times)

Offline Calvinjsmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi.  Yes, my grams name was Mary Falardeau.  I understand they had a brother named John although none of us know anything about him except what I learned through my cousin Gerry.  Is this Janice?

Offline expat1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: Saturday 04 June 16 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hello calvinjsmith
My auntie Mary had two brothers and one sister, John ( my dad ) Neal ( Nealy ) and Sarah ( Sadie )
I think Nealy is still with us living near ST Andrews ( Scotland ), Between us ( my brothers and sister ) we have built up a bit of the family tree, hope to talk again soon.

Offline jslade

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: Sunday 12 June 16 14:39 BST (UK) »
So he is standing next to my uncle Tommy Stewart, yes?  That's brilliant.  ;D
Helen
I'm new to the site, I live in Grimsby, Ontario, my mother was born in Duntocher, her name was Ellen Stewart, My Grandfather was James Stewart, his mother was Roseann Gallagher (Gallacher) from Ireland, he had two brothers Charlie and Richard and a sister Hannah
I looked at the photo of the Stewart s in front of Filshes pub and the gentlemen on the left side of the photo looks very much like my grandfather - could they be related?

Offline Tehamill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: Friday 18 August 17 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Henry,
My Mochan's and Hamills are related through marriage.  Do you have any Mochans?
My cousin Deb will no doubt recognise all the other names you have mentioned.
Helen

Hi Helen,

I know this thread must be pretty old. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing back from you if you do see this. My great-grandfather, Michael Hamill, born 1893 in Duntocher had a brother named Hugh Hamill, so I think we're related! My grandfather (Gene Hamill, lived in US) said he always hoped to walk into Hugh Hamill's saloon in Scotland.

Thanks,
Teresa

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: Monday 21 August 17 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa,
My great aunt Annie Mochan was married to Hugh Hamill, and they had sons Michael & Hugh (as well as 10 other children that I am aware of).  Although I have Michael's birthdate as 1st Sept 1892, 52 William Street, Duntocher.  Same man?
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Tehamill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: Thursday 24 August 17 06:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen!

Wow this is great!! We are related then! Yes my grandfather had written Sept 1, 1893 for Michael Hamill's birthday, but it's just handwritten and he's got other typos in the same document, so I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same man. He also has that Michael Hamill's nephew was Sir Patrick Hamill, police chief of Strathclyde. I've been trying to research the family a bit, do you have any more info about Hugh & Annie or their ancestors? I have my grandfather's notes that give a bit of info about Hugh and Annie's son's if you're interested, but he knew almost nothing about Annie and Hugh's generation or before.

Anyway I'm glad to just know Annie Mochan's name which I didn't before! Thanks!
Teresa

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: Friday 25 August 17 00:59 BST (UK) »
Annie Mochan  (1 Jan 1873 - 30 Aug 1915 ) was the daughter of Michael Mochan & Mary O'Donnell.  She married Hugh Hamill 14 Nov 1890.  He was born 28 Jan 1871 & died Aft. 1920.  His parents were Joseph Hamill & Euphemia Simpson.  Hugh & Annie's children were:
Joseph, b, 1890, d. 1890, Michael, b. 1892, Euphemia, b. 1894, d. 1897, Mary Jane, b. 1897, Hugh, b. 1900, James, b. 1901, Anne, b. 1904, Patrick, b. 1906, Denis, b. 1908, John, b. 1910, Euphemia, b. 1912.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Tehamill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: Friday 25 August 17 23:52 BST (UK) »
Wow thank you so much!!!

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: Saturday 26 August 17 02:22 BST (UK) »
You are welcome  :)  There are direct Hamill family members on this forum  Hopefully if Mary Catherine Small sees this post she might reply to you.