Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 203256 times)

Offline marrich

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #414 on: Saturday 09 September 17 09:10 BST (UK) »
I have discovered from a site known as Scotlands People (may already be known by other memberes) in Edinburgh, a link to Thomas Murray (1). His father was Peter Murray married to a Margt Wilkie (as shown on Parish register). They were married in 13/6/ 1766. His wife Christian Taylor father was Alexander Taylor married to Jannet Burn at Muthill Perthshire on 7/6/1771. I am 'chasing' dates back from 1766 i.e. where and when Peter murray was born and his parents. To Debbie and others out there, sorry for being off site for to long. Back with a lot of enthusiasm.  P.S Scotlands People in Edinburgh is a great search site. Richard Stewart, Lochgelly, Fife Scotland

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: Sunday 10 September 17 19:31 BST (UK) »
Richard! So lovely to see you back   :)  Your ears must have been burning, because Helen and I were just talking about you the other day, wondering where you were. I am so pleased to hear from you, and yes, we love Scotland's People too.  I will send you an email to your btinternet address so that you have my new email as well.  Debs
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: Monday 11 September 17 03:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Richard  :)   I have been searching for you for so long that I have forgotten what I wanted to say and/or ask!  I will email you so you have my address too.  Yes, Deb & I have been using Scotlands people for years.  It's new and improved now, you used to have to pay to see the indexes but now just for the images.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline CrimsonFox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: Sunday 19 November 17 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi robc4708 & Leagle1,

I saw your post below robc4708, and think I may be the Kelly's you are referring to. You see I match on a Big Y dna test (on FTDNA) with Dempsey's, Duffy, Malloys, Molloys, and a McLean who claims his family is from Tiree, Scotland. And I also match with a Gallagher and some Carrolls (distantly). My closest matches are a McLean from Tiree, a Dempsey, and some Lockharts. I also have a close "Ufford" cousin which is paternal. And a Mackenzie 2nd to 4th cousin (I am not sure if this Mackenzie cousin is a maternal or paternal dna match, because it is a match on an autosomal dna test). I also have two dna matches who claim to be linked to MacKenzie ancestors from Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland (I'm not sure if these two matches are maternal or paternal either, it's an autosomal test). One of the Mackenzie matches claims to also be connected to the ancestral name of Docherty (also from Paisley). I have a close dna match with a Mulligan, a Hevey, and a Naughton on a YDNA 25 marker test (with a genetic distance of 0). I match with Lockharts on that same Y-DNA 25 marker test with a genetic distance of 1. I also match with a McLucas and a McConkey. I also match with a Treacy, Gorman, Conley, Robertson, Duncan, and Dunbar. My Dempsey match supposedly shares 268,721 dna variants with me on a Big Y dna test. And my McLean match shares 268,254 dna variants with me. My next closest matches on my Big Y dna test are Wilson-266,622 shared, Buchan-266,262 shared, Milligan-265,644, Clark-265,209 (These Clarks claim to be from Co. Sligo). I'd love to figure out what the connection is, since I have been looking for the origins of my Kelly line with very little luck. And I have no idea why I have a close dna connection to a Dempsey and a McLean from Tiree, Scotland. I have a family tree that I created. Would definitely like to discuss it further with both of you (robc4708 & Leagle1), to see what can be shared and discovered.

Hi,

It is great to hear from you.  I'm not sure just how the Duffys and Kellys are related to the Molloys, or is it the Dempsey's?  That is part of the family tree that I don't have sorted.  I do know that my grandfather John Molloy's mother was Ellen Gallagher.  Her father was Hugh Gallagher.   
I still have an uncle living in Duntocher.  He was married to my mum's sister who died a few years ago.
We live in Canada and my mum lives quite far from me, but she will be visiting in the new year and we plan on spending some time going over family history.  Maybe we can arrange something then, or perhaps earlier.

Happy Christmas to you all,

Rob

Offline Leagle1

• RootsChat Extra
  • All roads lead back to Ireland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello CrimsonFox.
I have had several DNA tests done and have a lot of info on my family connections. Perhaps we should establish contact and compare notes. Of the surnames you have mentioned I have connections to Kellys, Duffys, Malloys, McLeans and of course Gallaghers. From the sounds of it we have a great deal in common and it would be very useful to explore those connections.

Please feel free to PM me so that take matters further.
Gallagher - Duntocher, Scotland & Donegal, Ireland.
McLean - Duntocher, Tiree & Coll, Scotland
Wynne - Dundalk, Ireland
Toner - Armagh, Ireland
Mclean - Coll & Tiree
Quigley - Ireland
Ramsay - Duntocher & Ayrshire, Scotland
McCarroll - Armagh, Northern Ireland
Davidson - Duntocher & Ireland
Toome/Glen/Lackagh Bridge, Donegal
Dundalk, Co. Louth,Ireland
Armagh, Ireland
Ballymcnab/Keady, Armagh, Ireland
James Wynne & family, Dundalk
Duntocher, Glasgow, Scotland
Coll & Tiree, Scotland

Offline Aynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: Sunday 10 December 17 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie in BC:
It has been quite a while since I have been here, my Mum was a Gallacher from Duntocher, Margaret Gallacher b 1925 her family lived on Old street, New Street and Williams Street
Gallacher, McAllister, Ballam, Hawksby,  Ireland to Scotland and New Zealand

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: Monday 11 December 17 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aynn!  Lovely to meet you.  I have searched through my records, and unfortunately, I don't  have anything on your Mum Margaret born 1925. 
Although, I am sure there must be a connection somewhere between all the Gallacher families in Duntocher, from what I understand, most of them hailed from Donegal originally, so it seems very likely, if only we could get back far enough in the Donegal records to prove it.

Are you on Facebook Aynn?  There is a large and very active Duntocher group  on there with tons of members, and lots of local knowledge on all things Duntocher.  You may want to swing by there and say hello, I would bet someone on there will remember your family.  Search for "Duntocher Past and Present" on FB.

All the best, Debbie
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Aynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: Monday 11 December 17 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie: i am on the fb page Duntocher Past and Present, have some info.  I have had one question answered through them which helped.  :)  Will still keep trying  for the others.
Aynn
Gallacher, McAllister, Ballam, Hawksby,  Ireland to Scotland and New Zealand

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: Monday 11 December 17 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Deb, we do have a Margaret Gallacher born sometime after 1919, with sisters Anne & Catherine.  Possible match?  Her parents were James Gallacher & Catherine Bogle.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale