Author Topic: McLure - Sleat, Skye  (Read 74471 times)

Offline leitir fura

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McLure - Sleat, Skye
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 21 June 07 23:32 BST (UK) »
I have a record of a Donald Nicholson whose son Neil married a Mary McLure. They had a son John Nicholson (1790) who (m 1810) Meron / Marion McInnes - daughter of Malcolm and Margaret McInnes of Heaste.

Do you have any other McInnes connections in your files from Sleat / Strath including Drumfearn area please?

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 22 June 07 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hi!

I have a pretty good selection of McInnes and Nicolson within my family files who have married McLures.  I have checked for the names that you mentioned in your post, and I don't appear to have your family. Sorry!

One of the earlier ones I have is a Neil McInnes b. abt 1787, that married Mary Matheson - they were a Drumfearn family.
Any use to you?

Do you have any idea who your Mary McLures parents were?
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline leitir fura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 22 June 07 03:19 BST (UK) »
Yeap... Neil (m) Matheson is the son of Miles McInnes (m) Marion McKenzie. He was originally from Leitir Fura where his father Black John McInnes was one of the last occupants. (relocated by MacDonald in circa 1792 to Drumfearn). Neil was one of 6 or 7 boys I think it was and one daughter Catherine who married a Donald McInnes from Heaste across the loch, (son of Malcolm McInnes (m) Margaret Buchanan).

This Malcolm was also related to Miles of Drumfearn and I have all of this somewhere. The Nicholson / Mary McLure bit I copied in last message is recorded along with Angus Nicholson's family in the front of his bible from Drumfearn (he emigrated to Picton, Australia). He was a son of the John and Meron (nee McInnes) Nicholson's mentioned.

Anything you have on any McInnes's would be appreciated to add to my growing jigsaw puzzle and if I can help in anyway please advise - email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 June 07 16:47 BST (UK) »
Miles McInnes of Drumfearn - was the the Miles that married Mary McLure March 5, 1844.  They had at least one son - Malcolm - born in December of 1845.

If you are concentrating on the McInnes family, you need to speak to Rosanne McInnes in Australia.  I will pm you her email address.  Hopefully she hasn't changed it!  (It's been ages since we last chatted.)
Rosanne has a huge collection of all things McInnes on Skye.
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline leitir fura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 June 07 23:57 BST (UK) »
The Miles you refer to was later although don't seem to have him fitted in anywhere. No doubt off one of the lines and as you say Rossane has more. I am a bit like Rossanne but not as used to technology. What I have in my material is a McInnes line going back to 1500's that looks like....
It would be worth testing the verasity of this with Maggie MacDonald at Clan Donald Centre although I have not done this... My McInnes line I can best gauge is ....

Angus Mor (suggested as related to murdered last Laird McInnes from Morvern - possibly a brother)
Miles (given land Leitir Fura Slate (Sleat))
Neil (Leitir Fura)
John (Leitir Fura) and brother Angus Og (captain of men of Sleat captured 1601)
Malcolm (Leitir Fura) and bother Angus line to Isleornsay / merchant
John(Leitir Fura)
Malcolm (Leitir Fura)
*Black John - Angus - **Donald - Duncan - Miles (to US / War of Independence) - (all born Leitir Fura)
*Miles (b Leitir Fura - last to be buried Isle Ornsay) (m) Marion McKenzie - shifted to Drumfearn circa 1792
(have a list of Miles's brothers / sister also who supposedly were Malcolm - Angus Mor - Angus Og - John - Neil - Rachael)
Miles & Marion (Drumfearn)had :
*Donald - Alexander- John- Neil - Malcolm(1801) - Angus(Sandy) - Miles - Catherine (c1806)
Catherine McInnes (Drumfearn) (m) ***Donald McInnes (Heaste) (my g, g, grandparents)

From ** Donald above
Malcolm - to Heaste
*** Donald

The Miles McInnes (m) Mary McLure you refer to will be related off one of the lines no doubt .... without having all of this in a database it is bit hard for me to follow sometimes. I must ask Rossane if she has a database that I can add to ...
Hope this hasn't confused you .... It maybe of use to others also...

Regards
Clinton McInnes

Offline mroseann1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 13 October 07 14:20 BST (UK) »
My family tree goes back to Malcolm Mclure and Anne Beaton

William Mclure born 1816 sleat was my ggg granda
William  married Flora McIntyre in Glenorchy Inshnail in 1840
William and Flora had four daughters Mary-ann,Emily (my gg Gran) Sarah and Flora
After the death of Flora william re-married
William married Lilias Tait in 1853 in Cadder Glasgow
They had a daughter Elizabeth born in 1854.

Emily married William Murray (born in 1839 lesmahagow to Thomas Murray and Margaret Walker)
William had two brothers Thomas and John and one sister Margaret.

Emily and William had two possible three sons John and Arthur

Arthur was born in 1877 in Tenandry Perth Scotland he married Susan McMunigle (Susan's mother and father was Hugh McMunigle and Maryann Donachy they had seven kids James,John,Thomas,Hugh,Maggie, Manuis and Susan 

Arthur and Susan where married in Partick Glasgow they had five kids Mary, Arthur,Thomas,Emily and Flora my Gran

Flora married Michael Maloney. Michaels mother and father was John Maloney and Honour(Norah)Darcy his brothers and sister's were John,Annie,Norah,Mary,Thomas,Katie and Maggie

Flora and Michael where married 1930 in Partick Glasgow
their kids were John, Michael,Anne and Elizabeth my Mother

Roseann

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 13 October 07 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Cousin!!!

Blimey..... you are a descendant of Arthur Scott Murray.  We have a LOT to share.
My Great Grandmother was Arthur's sister - Flora McLure McIntyre Murray
Debbie

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 13 October 07 22:20 BST (UK) »
And hello from me too!  Flora McLure McIntyre Murray was my Granny.
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline mroseann1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 14 October 07 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Debbie and Helen

I didn't even know Arthur had any sisters, all I could find was a brother John
and I only  found out about that from William's death certificate.

Can you let me Know of any other brothers and sisters he had, so I can add it them to my family tree
on Genes Reunited.

Thanks
Roseann x