Author Topic: Church records, Windsor. BRINDLEY  (Read 6768 times)

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Church records, Windsor. BRINDLEY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 October 05 21:33 BST (UK) »
Griz in a previous post you said you had found them in the census what census?  have you found them in 1841/1851?
I have yet to look in the other registers for Windsor? (if you want me to?)
it might be worth it?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline griz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 October 05 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Newbie, I would be glad of any lookups you could do  in registers that would be convenient for you and not put you to too much trouble.

What I have for them :
John and Martha(Adams) were married in early 1839 in NewWindsor, he was a widower. July 4th 1839  their daughter, also Martha, was born Spital, New Windsor.

On the  1841 Census   he was in Chelsea. He had left the service after 25 years, had ill health, and was a Chelsea pensioner.

John Brindley age 47 (49? he gave 1792 as his birthdate on his Military Attestation forms)  blacksmith, not born London.
Martha Brindley  age 27, b London
William Brindley  age 14 not born London
Martha Brindley  age 2
J? Corner            age 27 F

Location: 'continue along Queen street, the family is living next to Dockman's cottage, listed after 3 Queen's Terrace.

William is a son of the first marriage. b about 1829 There was also a John Brindley Jr  of the first marriage,  born about 1821 and he was a master tailor.  John jr( John James brindley) may have been still in Windsor at this time? he would be about 20 years old.( maybe still an apprentice?)

On the 1851 Census Hammersmith Middlesex:
14 Windsor Terrace,  St Stephens Eccl district.

John Brindley  59  Chelsea Pensioner  b Audley, Staffordshire

Martha Brindley Wife 36 Laundress, b. London

John Brindley (jr) ( later document gives his name as John James) son  ( of first marriage) m  29, tailor, Born Windsor Berks.

Mary Brindley dau 19 ( must be daughter-in-law, married to John jr.) M  Bonnet maker Born King's County,(Offaly) Ireland.
 Martha    dau 11 scholar,    b. Windsor Berks
 Henry      son    9  scholar , b. Chelsea Mdx
Richard      son    2      b. Shepherd's Bush Mdx

Boyle, Co. Leitrim  Boyle, Co. Tyrone, Shaughnessy, Co. Limerick, and  Manchester, UK.  Pope, Cheshire. Chadwick, Speke, Lancs.  Frankish, Hunmanby, Yorks.  Brindley, Audley, Staffs and  Middlesex.

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 October 05 13:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Griz, that will help in the search, I will look again in the other registers, when the BRO reopens.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk