Author Topic: 1851/1861 Lintrathen census  (Read 4663 times)

Offline sheilalewry44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851/1861 Lintrathen census
« on: Sunday 02 October 05 21:54 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on my OGILVIE branch of the family.
I have found them in 1841 living with Davids parents, John (55) and Ann OGILVIE (60) at North Shithie, Lintrathen. John was a farmer.
In 1841, David OGILVIE is 31, his wife Betty is 25, and their children Margret (4) Ann (2). There is also a female servant, Helen FALCONER (15), who is Bettys sister.
I would really like to find them in 1851/61. Can anyone help please? Thanks ..Sheilalewry44

Offline eibhlinda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/1861 Lintrathen census
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 May 07 02:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Sheila
Have you come accross a Jane Ogilvie who married a david or james frazer 1817 in lintrathen?
thanks Ev
angus: brown, campbell, carnegie, deuchars, grennan, fleming,  knight, mcrostie, miller, mitchell,  morrison, mowat, murphy, paton, richardson,  russell, soutar, taylor,  turnbull,  warden, watt

perth: banks, chrystal, carmichael deuchars, donaldson, fisken,  mclaren, peatt, robertson, spence, turnbull, taylor,

I have over 850 surnames about 95 percent are scottish,  from angus, aberdeen, perthshire, kincardine, shetlands, stirling, berwick, lanark, fife etc

Offline sheilalewry44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 May 07 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Ev
I havent come across Jane Ogilvie yet, but I havent spent too long on this branch of the family yet. This is definitely going to be my next branch to tackle! I'll try to keep you in mind if I do find her... Sheila

Offline eibhlinda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 June 07 01:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila
Update on my Ogilvie's, i took another look at Jeans death cert,  she was married twice,  first to david fraser then to john Lamb,  also have her parents info
parents were John Ogilvie and Janet Edward married June 23 1790 in Lintrathen
chidlren were born and christened in Bridgend Of Lintrathen, Angus, Scotland

David 13 Mar 1790
David 22/29 Jul 1792
Jane 12 Jun 1796 died 1875 in St Peters Dundee at age 80 and
Janet and James (twins) 20 Jun 1804

Evi
angus: brown, campbell, carnegie, deuchars, grennan, fleming,  knight, mcrostie, miller, mitchell,  morrison, mowat, murphy, paton, richardson,  russell, soutar, taylor,  turnbull,  warden, watt

perth: banks, chrystal, carmichael deuchars, donaldson, fisken,  mclaren, peatt, robertson, spence, turnbull, taylor,

I have over 850 surnames about 95 percent are scottish,  from angus, aberdeen, perthshire, kincardine, shetlands, stirling, berwick, lanark, fife etc

Offline eibhlinda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 June 07 02:05 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

---
I will send the 1861 etc tomorrow or sunday,  I'm pretty sure I'll find a connection for both families,  most likely your john and mine were 1st cousins..
Evi

Offline sheilalewry44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 June 07 15:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Evi, I'm still working on it as well! I had found the Jean born to John and Janet in 1796 (but I had also found one born in 1789 and wasnt sure which one might have been yours) and was keeping them in mind, because I have a James Nicoll who married Helen Edward in 1783. Do you know if Janet had a sister? I have just been checking and the child born 22/29 July 1792 was James not David Ogilvy. The other David 1790 and the twins, John and Janet are submitted entries not extracted, so are you quite sure about those ones? The names certainly fit in with the parents.
I look forward to seeing what else you come up with tomorrow!
... Sheila

Offline eibhlinda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 August 07 06:02 BST (UK) »
Sheila is there an email address i can reach you at?
Ev

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 19:56 BST (UK) »
I have both OGILVIE & NICOLLs in my family tree and i can email you my data if you send me a message ;D
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).