Author Topic: DAWSON-WILSON Belfast  (Read 3505 times)

Offline morgan

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
DAWSON-WILSON Belfast
« on: Tuesday 17 August 04 15:19 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find a birth/death date and addresses for my great grandmother MINNIE EMILY WILSON nee DAWSON.  Born circa 1880 as she was married to FREDERICK WILLIAM WILSON (son of ROBERT WILSON, seafarer) at Trinity Church Belfast in Aug 1900.  There is no DOB recorded on a recently obtained marriage cert.  Her father was GEORGE DAWSON a basket manufacturer. 

She gave birth to twins in 1902 but they died aged 9 months.  She went on to have a daughter HARRIET (Lallie) and 2 sons SIDNEY and NORMAN.  Circumstances unknown to me led her to leave her family and flee to Australia.  She returned briefly in the late 20's (to reconcile with her children?)  I believe she died in Australia but can't be sure.  If anyone has any info/tips I would be eternally grateful.
BARKER -coastguards and seafarers in UK and Ireland
WILSON- Farmers and seafarers UK and Ulster
MOLYNEUX-Married a WILSON?
DAWSON-GEORGE,basket manufacturer in Belfast 1900, daughter MINNIE EMILY married FW WILSON in Belfast 1900 fled to AUSTRALIA? circa 1913 leaving husband and 3 children HARRIET,SIDNEY,NORMAN WILSON.

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: DAWSON-WILSON Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 October 04 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Morgan. I live in Belfast please have a look at the Ulster Covenant site there are some names the same as the one's you are looking for.

Good luck
                                                              Anthony

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: DAWSON-WILSON Belfast
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 04 10:57 BST (UK) »
Morgan,

If she was born around 1880, her birth should have been registered. Your local family history centre should have the indexes on microfilm.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington