Author Topic: RAF Haydock  (Read 165845 times)

Offline Sunshine Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RAF Haydock
« Reply #360 on: Sunday 14 October 12 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi All!

Just got back on the site and spent the last hour or so reading all the new and interesting information that has been posted since I was last here.  Some names I can recall but not faces - and some faces I can recall but not names

Question for you, Ken .... the picture Lynn downloaded of her and other WRAF's in the Spider's Web/NAAFI shop, is that your Kathy on the left of the picture?

Offline Adele84

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.. I was just wondering if anyone who worked in the spiders web club knew a lady called Margaret sci-fi ? She was welsh and I'm assuming she worked there sometime between the 1945/1955?

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline bowler34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: Friday 22 February 13 21:25 GMT (UK) »
hi there
i am new to this game but i was at raf haydock from 1952 to 1954 . we travelled by bus from raf fazakerley to haydock ,and we were the first to live on the new camp when it was built .
i was friendly with a robbie robinson who came from the manchester area.
very enjoyable times dancing in st helens,and i recall a british legion hut at the top of the road into haydock also there was a hotel? which had a bowling green attached which i enjiyed very much
antone recall willie xxxxx from edinburgh who i still meet also a jimxxxxxxxfrom newcastle area
Bob sxxxxxx from leeds , i was at his wedding  .that will do for now
cheers         

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Offline vagabond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: Saturday 23 February 13 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Gosh; another "old Haydockite" emerges.. before my time..the Jim Ashcroft you mention.. was he a soccer referee later in life in the RAF? Knew a guy by that name.. anyway .. welcome// Vagabond..

Offline bowler34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: Saturday 23 February 13 11:43 GMT (UK) »
sorry dont recall jim xxxxxbeing into football .i think he was a 2 year man. cheers

Offline billy1bus

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 01:15 BST (UK) »
Only just found this site and interesting reading, my dad was stationed at RAF Haydock, originally from Stockport he met my mum while stationed there, One of his jobs was the refitting or RAF Burtonwood when the Americans left. He always said it was left in a right state. His name was Bill xxxxxx and he was friends with Alecxxxxxxxxxx as a kid he would pop round to our house. I don't know exact dates of him being there but my mum and dad married in January 1963

Offline bowler34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: Friday 04 October 13 19:10 BST (UK) »
Interested to hear your father was at raf haydock,but by the date yu show they were married
it would appear I was long gone 1952-1954.was your mother in the WRAF or did she come from
Haydock, I used to enjoy dancing in ST Helens.cheers

Offline anitabarbara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 20:46 BST (UK) »
I have   been looking at RAF Haydock on google images and would like to contact if possible Barbara xxxx and or KATH. I was  at RAF Haydock the same time as  Barbara  and Kath, my name was Anita
xxx and I worked in the general office,would love to catch up.

Offline airforce809

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 02:10 BST (UK) »
hi, I am new on here but I was at Haydock with Joan xxx, Jean xxxx, Madge xxxxI remember Elf, (Karenxxxx) tuppence, and Angie ? cant recall her other name.
If anyone has any info on Madge I would like to contact her. I am in touch with Joanxxxxxand have been for years. Jean passed a number of years ago. we were all to meet in Notts but she had been taken into hospital and later died.

I enjoyed life at Haydock.I now live in Ontario Canada.