Author Topic: any advice please  (Read 2302 times)

Offline sylvia 57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
any advice please
« on: Wednesday 18 August 04 21:23 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my husbands family but every site i go into says I have to pay anything from £60 to £99,99   does any one know a site were i might be able to fully check the names and details that are not as expensive as this as we are both retired so on limited income but my husband so wants to trace his family tree.
his fathers side came from kent  but his mothers side is from india as far as we know,
any advice would be so welcome as want to do this for my husbands birthday in september

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: any advice please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 August 04 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Sylvie,

I would say, don't pay anything out now.

There are loads of free sites that you can get information from to get you started. I'm sure if you put a little bit of information on here on the relevant board you would get a lot of help and advice.

Keep your hands in your pocket for now.

Take care  Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: any advice please
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 August 04 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Sylvia,

We chatted this evening on the Chatterbox.....

I looked up Kent Royal Artillery and found this site with links to other areas if Kent is not quite right.

http://eastkentraa.users.btopenworld.com

The very best of luck with your reseach

Regards

Sarah
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.