Author Topic: Well done!  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re:Well done!
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 January 04 09:11 GMT (UK) »
What a wonderful site!!!  Well done to all you people responsible for setting it up.  ;) :D

I will be definitely using it as part of my research, and am looking forward to using the CHAT facility once it is up and running.

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline ron.woodhouse100

• I am sorry but my email addresses are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Yorkshire. England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 January 04 21:41 GMT (UK) »
I am most impressed.

WELL DONE INDEED !
Ron Woodhouse

Offline John Doxey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Yorkie in Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 January 04 22:08 GMT (UK) »

A very nice fresh look site, easy to use, easy to join, it is going to be a great asset for anyone concerned with genealogy, I will be adding a link from my sites, congratulations to all concerned.
John Doxey
researching the surnames Doxey, Chesworth. Also the Villages of Thrybergh, Dalton, and Ravenfield South Yorkshire

Offline johnupatree

• RootsChat Extra
  • To boldly go where no SMYTH has gone before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 January 04 23:24 GMT (UK) »
 :)Good luck and best wishes for the future, we need all the help we can get.
From what may be another exile from a certain mailing list.
John
There are no boundaries, live the dream.

SMYTH,           Ireland and Liverpool
MORRIS,         Pembrokeshire, Liverpool and Patagonia
HAIGH,           Huddersfield
CONLEY,         Ireland and Liverpool
PEIL,               Huddersfield & Germany
McCARTHY       Liverpool
MILLS              Staffordshire
WILLIAMS       Liverpool
BROWNER       Liverpool

Offline Inez

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 January 04 15:06 GMT (UK) »

Hi there - I'm in Ontario, Canada, and I have a George ABBS, b. Dec. 06, 1822 in Aylmerton, Norfolk, Eng. who married my gr-gr-aunt, Susannah Inglehart in Ontario in 1851. Would you like the details I have, including issue?  Inez

I am amazed at the potential this web site has.  

I look forward to talking to others with a similair interest.

I feel the web site has a very good plus side in that it is easy to use.
Hello everyone -  I'm researching my KELLY / CLEAR ancestors in Co. Carlow, and SAVAGE / SCULLION in Antrim. It would be wonderful to find cousins. The KELLYs left Carlow about 1870, and the SAVAGEs emigrated from Belfast about 1850. Both families settled in Canada.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 January 04 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Inex,

You might also want ot put your message on "ABBS" as a reply to the following message too:

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=137;action=display;threadid=990

I'm sure Cheryl )the ABBSons) would be delighted to hear from you!

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 January 04 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Is this the place to put your bouquets? ;D

From Euromole.com:
Links: Probate Wills RootsChat.com - British and Irish Genealogy UK Family History Forum
Links: Probate Wills Chat about your British and Irish Genealogy UK Family History around England Wales Scotland Ireland. 1881 1901 Census lookups of your ancestors. Fun and easy to use. Recommended
www.rootschat.co.uk

From splut.com:
RootsChat.com - RootsChat.Com - Chat about your British and Irish Genealogy UK Family History around England Wales Scotland Ireland. BMD 1881 1901 Census lookups of your ancestors. Fun and easy to use. Recommended

From Cyndislist.com:
RootsChat.com - Genealogy, Family History, Local History, Messaging Forum and more
RootsChat is fun and easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history or local history. The emphasis of the site is on the United Kingdom (Britain) and Ireland. This service is entirely free for the community as a whole will benefit from it. It allows a safer way to share information on the internet without the worry of viruses or spam email.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Louisa

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 22 February 04 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Yes I agree with all the previous comments. will notify my newly discovered Australian cousins, am sure they will be interested. Best wishes Louisa.

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 February 04 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Louisa,

There more people who join the better !

We have added a poster for people who want help for putting up in Library's and Family Research Centres.

Many Thanks

Sarah :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster