Author Topic: ROWE & MILLETT Cornwall to South Africa  (Read 5055 times)

Offline trebbals

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROWE & MILLETT Cornwall to South Africa
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 October 12 18:04 BST (UK) »
This is actually a ROWE request.  I have an Anna Caroline Florentine ROWE who married Heinrich Martin Ludwig SELK here in South Africa.  They lived in Cape Town.  They had a daughter born * Caroline Dorothea Anna * 10 Mar 1889 here in cape town.  Have you perhaps seen these names before? I could not find a death notice for her or her husband here.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sarah Lloyd Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 December 17 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Dear Peter,

my father Brian is the son of William Dixon who married Phyllis Rowe. They lived in Johannesburg for most of his childhood. I can supply a few details of Dad's family if you are at all interested - he is one of five children, but the only one left alive. He is 86 and has poor short term memory but he has a good memory for his early days.

We live in Surrey

Sarah

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sarah Lloyd Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 03 December 17 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Dear Peter,

I've just re-read that and wanted to confirm that Dad and his siblings are the children of Phyllis Esther Rowe - the way I wrote it wasn't clear about that. I should also say that I met my South African grandmother and have a few memories of her.

best regards
Sarah