Author Topic: family  (Read 1587 times)

Offline bronco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
family
« on: Friday 14 October 05 11:55 BST (UK) »
hello,could anyone give me some information on my grandfather,owen williams  he lived in rhewl or llanrhder,  my fathers name  was thomas owen williams.  my grandfather  lived in the alms houses in llanrhder  till he died in  the early 50s

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 October 05 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Bronco,

you'll have to be a bit more specific what you want to know. You'll also have to provide a bit more information. Do you realise how many Owen Williams and Thomas Williams there are and were?

Tell us what you have - concrete information, there's always a bit more there than you think - even if you are tempted to put down "Thats all I know".

Have you a date of birth for your grandfather; do you know where he was born`? His wifes name? where they married? Any other children they might have had?
Does your dad talk of any uncles and/or aunties - where do/did they live?

Have you any B, M, or D certificates; have you found your grandfather in any of the census?

This is all basic stuff; a lot more is also given in the beginners section. Have you browsed that part? There is a lot of info given there as well.

See what you can come up with and add to your thread. We'll be pleased to help.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II