Author Topic: BEARD family  (Read 31139 times)

Offline Helina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Willow
    • View Profile
Re: BEARD FAMILY
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 06 August 11 16:09 BST (UK) »
Found a marriage entry on FreeBMD

Walter Nathaniel Beard, Sept 1907,Stroud 6a 824. to either Eliza Ann Ford or May Rosina Wheatley.

A marriage certificate would confirm this.

helina
Austin,Bistol
Coole,Bristol
Lewis, Bristol
Williams,Olveston
Howard,Bristol
Shepherd Admonsbury.
Tinney, Plymouth.
Ogborn,Bristol.
Blore.Derbyshire,Bristol,Redditch.
Richards,Bristol
Milson, Bitton
Harrison, Derbyshire
Census information Crown Copyright  from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline croad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 06 August 11 16:55 BST (UK) »
hi thanks im not sure if he is th right walter it is a guess  .can not find anything on doris louisa beard i know born stroud 1907  which walter beard is her father i dont know.but i will look into the other name you said could be a second marraige .
thanks heather

Offline Keziahemm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Croad

Have a look at http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/MainMenu.aspx
The marriages have been indexed, looks like Walter Beard married Eliza A. Ford. 

Births for the date you need haven't been indexed as yet, however, FreeBMD has the birth of Doris Louisa Beard December qtr. 1907, Stroud, 6a/343.

Sending for the birth certificate of Doris will confirm her mother's maiden name and hence that the marriage above is the correct one.  Certificates can be purchased from http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Regards
Keziah
Herefordshire: Mytton.
Lincs: Ingham
Northants: Knight (Welford); Linnell;  Gaudern.
Staffs (Brierley Hill, Kingswinford): Wood; Eades.
Somerset: Bailey; Lewis
Warwickshire: (Alcester, Henley in Arden) Lewis; Casey/Keasey
Warwickshire (Birmingham suburbs) Knight
Yorkshire (Bradford):  Ingham

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline croad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 06 August 11 20:56 BST (UK) »
thanks  i have now found walters brother edward  aldolphus ,his moyhers maiden name wilkins. will get there in the end

Offline blencowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 03 November 11 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alf,
I'm sure that you once replied to a question of mine some years agonow, but wondered whether you might have any information on the Beard family relating to my part of the family?  My great grandfather was Thomas J Beard born in 1836 and married Sarah Ann Semark in 1857, then remarried in 1868 to Sarah Ann Boorman. I believe he was a millwright and lived in Faversham for a good while before moving back to Gloucestershire.
My grandmother was Sarah Ann, named after her mother and married Alexander Ross Henderson in 1901.
I would be very grateful to see any other family members - I appreciate you have many people corresponding with you and that you are still working away on finding out more information on the Beards, so are very busy - so if and when you get time it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks

Graeme Henderson.

Offline Pogle1962

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 15:08 BST (UK) »
I thought that I had previoulsy become involved in this thread but having checked it appears not.

My Beard ancestors moved to Lydney as tinworkers in the 1830s having previously been agricultural workers in Framilode. My Beards remained in Lydney until the 1940s. The younger ancestors moved to Wales in the 1920s and Cheltenham in the 1900s, one the Wales Beards emigrated to Canada after the 2nd world war. I am not aware of any living Beards within my tree, the male line having ceased.

I think I have everything wrapped up in terms of names but would be delighted to be suprised by any additions. Having found the names, I am now trying to delve into people's lives although inevitably this is proving not that easy but nil deperandum.

Alf, please fee free to PM me to share information.
Beard, Coslett, Wood, Cooper, Thomas(!), Lloyd(!!) and Williams (!!!)

Offline stephenperry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BEARD family
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Alf

Am starting some family history on my wifes side.  She is descended from William BEARD and Mary Ann COLEMAN who came to New Zealand. Jane who was born in NZ married a John MCKINNA and their daughter Jane Gordon married a Thomas McMAHON my wife was a McMAHON
Have the direct family in NZ but would like info on the previous generations

Thanks

Offline StSwithunsBellRinger

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: BEARD family
« Reply #34 on: Friday 26 July 19 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Alf, hoping you will get this message as i cannot direct message until after three posts have been made.  Wonder if we could link up as i am one of the bell ringers for St Swithun’s church in Leonard Stanley, and a few of us would like to create a MI map of the church surrounds and grave yard.  Noticed you have already post some on the think of you web pages.  Do you have anything you can share to save replication?

Best wishes

Charlie