Author Topic: Anyone searching FEWINGS of Devon  (Read 27956 times)

Offline Devon Maid

• RootsChat Member
  • Barbican, Plymouth, Devon
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone searching FEWINGS of Devon
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 15 December 11 21:22 GMT (UK) »
A lot of my Fewings came from the Sampford Courtney/hatherleigh area of Devon. The names of Stanbury and Huxtable are also in this area. I have in the early 1800's an Ann Stanbury marrying John Fewings. The name of Angel was also trailed through several generations.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from ww.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stoneman, Pawley, Wiliams, Giles

Offline Tysonstanbury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone searching FEWINGS of Devon
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone. I am also related to Stanbury, Parr, Fewings and Millman. Thomas Fewings md Charity Millman 6 Jun 1815 in South Tawton and had 6 children and can be seen in the 41,51 etc census with their families. Their daughter Johanna Fewings md Gregory Parr 2 Mar 1834 in Sampford Courtenay. They had 11 children and I have some info on them. Their daughter Eliza Ellen (b. Mar 1856) md George Stanbury (6 May 1876) South Tawton and they had 10 children and I have quite a bit about them. Let me know if any of you tie into this family. Wonderful website.

Offline Glenda Barry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone searching Fewings of Devon
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 29 April 18 04:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

I am looking for the birth or parents of John Fewins/Fewings who married Ann Styles in Creacombe in 1828. It has taken me 20 years to get this far and I have now hit the proverbial brick wall. I know Ann was born in Morebath but John died sometime between 1832 and 1839 and so far I can't find when or where he died and can't even attempt a guess at his age when he married. In 1839 Ann had a son called Nathaniel Fewings and says she is a widow. On familysearch there is a christening of a Nathaniel Dart Fewings the same date and place so I am presuming that it is the same child.

The strange thing is she re-married a Nathaniel Davey so I think that the child was his and not John's.

Do you know if your John had a child called John? I know I am clutching at straws but I don't know where to look next.

Regards

Margaret :)

Offline Glenda Barry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone searching Fewings of Devon
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 29 April 18 15:51 BST (UK) »

I am looking for relatives of Eil Fewins of Devon England. His parents were Simon Fewins and
Elizabeth Kensole.  His brothers and sisters were Levi , Simon, Mary, and Jane.

Hi Sue

I am looking for the birth or parents of John Fewins/Fewings who married Ann Styles in Creacombe in 1828. It has taken me 20 years to get this far and I have now hit the proverbial brick wall. I know Ann was born in Morebath but John died sometime between 1832 and 1839 and so far I can't find when or where he died and can't even attempt a guess at his age when he married. In 1839 Ann had a son called Nathaniel Fewings and says she is a widow. On familysearch there is a christening of a Nathaniel Dart Fewings the same date and place so I am presuming that it is the same child.

The strange thing is she re-married a Nathaniel Davey so I think that the child was his and not John's.

Do you know if your John had a child called John? I know I am clutching at straws but I don't know where to look next.

Regards

Margaret :)
[/quote]