Author Topic: LoneyBones Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 12007 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
LoneyBones Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« on: Tuesday 07 September 10 10:29 BST (UK) »

Welcome to this weeks Scavenger Hunt........ You all did such a fabulous job with Leonie's last Scavenger Hunt, we're hoping you can do it again.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Barbara

Betty Blackford JONES.
Sarah BLACKFORD married Henry JONES….but where and when?
The children born to Sarah and Henry JONES and baptised at St Nicholas, Uphill are as follows;
Betty Blackford JONES, 12 May 1799.
Henry JONES, 7 Jan 1802.
John JONES, 19 Jan 1804.
James JONES, 27 Jul 1806.
Newity Lane JONES, 8 Jun 1808.  (on this record their abode is Flat Holme.)
Newity Lane JONES, 29 Aug 1811.

Betty Blackford JONES married Thomas YEATMAN 13 April, 1824, at St Paul, Portland Squ., Bristol.
(Bristol Record Office register number 2f. Page number 85, entry number 258. Thanks to an RC chatter.)

They settled in Uphill, Somerset and had;
Henry James YEATMAN, 1825, who married in 1849 and migrated to Australia, 1855. per. “Sabrina”
George YEATMAN, 1828, migrated to Australia, 1855. per “Lord Burliegh”
Adelaide YEATMAN, 1831, married Henry MONK in 1855, migrated to Australia, 1855. per “Lord Burliegh”
Emma Eliza YEATMAN, 1834, m. Thomas BASELEY in 1852, migrated to Australia, 1855. per “Lord Burliegh”
Thomas YEATMAN, 1836, died 1840, Uphill.

Thomas YEATMAN Snr, died Uphill, 1837. Betty, as Elizabeth, married James WATSON who died in 1853. Betty, as Mrs Elizabeth WATSON, migrated to Australia, 1855. per “Lord Burliegh”

George YEATMAN married Emma COOPER in 1873. His mother’s name on the marriage certificate is Betsy JONES, father Thomas YEATMAN.

Of course I worked backwards with this, starting with George YEATMAN, my g-grandfather’s marriage, and I think I have sound bases and reasons behind my research.

Betsy JONES is the name given for the mother on the death certificate of Adelaide MONK.
Elizabeth is on Emma Eliza’s death certificate. Emma and Henry MONK named their first son Constantine Blackford MONK, and Mrs Elizabeth WATSON was present at his birth.
Mrs Elizabeth WATSON was also present at the birth of Emma and George YEATMAN’s first son.
So you see, she was known by all three names, Betty, Betsy and Elizabeth.
I have;
Betsy YEATMAN, widow, on the 1841 census at Uphill with George and Adelaide. Sarah JONES and Emma YEATMAN are next door.
Marriage to James WATSON, Bristol, 1841.
1851 census has James WALTON, Mrs B. WALTON, George YEATMAN, son-in-law, and Emma YEATMAN, daughter-in-law, at Everden, Northampton.
James WATSON death registered, Mar. qtr, 1853 at Bath, Somerset.
Passenger list from “Lord Burligh” has Mrs Elizabeth WATSON with the family groups of BASELEY, MONK and George YEATMAN.

My dilemma is this; I have no real proof that Sarah BLACKFORD and Henry JONES are the parents of the Betsy JONES on my Grandfather’s marriage certificate. Or if they are, where and when did they marry?

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
Re: LoneyBones Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm here.... 
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 11:17 BST (UK) »

They're still having their Wheaties......     ;D
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 13:29 BST (UK) »
i'm here too just reading through
 :)
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 13:32 BST (UK) »
what you have so far makes sense

thats good

ok do you actually have Betty Blackford Jones christening?and doe sit give her parents names? this would indidcate proof that Sarah and Henry are her parents  :)
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Toni,
I have the baptisms of all 6 children. Originally from the parish records which were published online. The Uphill parish records are no longer online however, Somerset FH Society has taken them down and published them in book form.
Some of mine are however on FreeREG.
The record has date, name, then parents. BUT it just says Henry / Sarah. Doesn't have Sarah's family name.

Leonie.
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
It's been rather quiet here tonight and it's time for me to go.
I've been trying to think if there's anything more I can add to help. There's not much.
Henry Jones was living and working on Flat Holmes, the parish for Flat Holmes was St Mary's Cardiff, but the church was burned down (I think) and St Pauls took over the parish work. I don't think this will help tho' as the JONES family seem to have used St Nicholas, Uphill.
Sarah BLACKFORD was from Luccombe.

If by chance you get this solved before my morning, you might like to fill in some time looking for the marriage of Henry JONES's parents; Henry JONES & Newity ? some time before 1740.  :D

Night all,
Leonie.  :D

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 September 10 23:54 BST (UK) »
Good morning....this must be a record for the briefest Scavenger Hunt in history.  ???

Henry & Sarah must have married somewhere....
If not Sarah BLACKFORD,  Sarah who?

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 06:52 BST (UK) »
It is a possibility that the Blackford name could originate several generations back.

I found a Bellingham Skynner - but did not find a Bellingham until 4 generations  back
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com