Author Topic: Re: William Lightfoot and son James Henry Lightfoot and daughter.Mary  (Read 11264 times)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: William Lightfoot and son James Henry Lightfoot and daughter.Mary
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Shirley

I should have gone to bed but can't put this down now !!!

Right then in March 1876 Dorothy married Peter Shaw in Altrincham see Free BMD .

In 1881 they are in Vicarage Lane Bowdon.All born Bowdon.

RG11/3505 folio 73 page 37

Peter Shaw head 65 !!! labourer
Dorothy Shaw wife 34 laundress
Annie Lightfoot dau 14 scholar
James Lightfoot son 7 scholar
Peter Shaw son 4       scholar

Will look for more years tomorrow,

Night night  ;)

Carol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 January 06 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Shirley

By 1891 Peter had died,Dorothy is now head of the household and widowed.
Still living in Bowdon RG12/2824 folio 109 page 26

Dorothy Shaw head 48 laundress b Bowdon
James Shaw son 16 gardener domestic servant b Bowdon
Frank Shaw son 9 scholar b Bowdon

Maria Roberts boarder widowed 47 laundress b Manchester Lancs.

1901 next  ;D ;D ;D I hope !!

Carol

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 January 06 08:02 GMT (UK) »
And in 1901,in Priory Street Bowdon,virtually same set up  ;D
Again all born in Bowdon.

Dorothy SHAW head wid 61 laundress
James Lighfoot son 25 gardener
Peter Shaw son 22 gardener
Frank Shaw so 19 joiners assisitant(carpentry)

Hope this helps?

Regards

Carol

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 January 06 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Also Anthony Shore and family are they a relative aswell.

from my reply in the first message........

Hulme Lightfoot married Ann Shore in Manchester 1848

This seems to be where the relationship is, ie Dorothy daughter of Hulme Lightfoot who had married Anthony Shores relative Ann
In order to prove how the Shore's are related to each other you would need to ask in the Lancashire section for an 1841 census lookup. Or go into the IGI, but be warned there are loads of Shores, it will be difficult sorting them into families, I found I think your Ann baptised Man. Catherdral 4th July 1819, father Joseph mother Rebecca, also at Man. Cath. Anthony 23rd June 1830 father John mother Esther.

Can I suggest you try and find Hume Lightfoot and James in the Canadian c1860 census, your local library should have details of where you can obtain this info.

good luck

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Shirley-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 February 06 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter.

I have done as you suggested, and put an inquiry in on the Immigration board. and ships coming to Nova Scotia, Canada. 

Also I have received Mary Ann Nield and William Lightfoots marriages certificate.  It tells me that Williams father is James Lightfoot.  Now I don't know but there is a  James Lightfoot born about 1765 in Dunham, Cheshire, England.  He also married a lady called Ann Smith dob. 1761 at the same parish.  he was married in  25 Feb 1974.  I was wondering if you could check this out for me. and to see if they show up in the census, and if they had a child name Williams.  As I understand back then that Dunham was part of Bowden.

Also I have the marriage certificate of John Hulme Lightffoot & Ann Shore,  John Hulme father was also called John Lightfoot.  I was wondering if you could possible chedk to see if you could find anything on him as well.

Hoping for miracles.
thanks
Shirley

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 February 06 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirley

Williams father is James Lightfoot.  Now I don't know but there is a  James Lightfoot born about 1765 in Dunham, Cheshire, England.  He also married a lady called Ann Smith dob. 1761 at the same parish.  he was married in  25 Feb 1974.  I was wondering if you could check this out for me. and to see if they show up in the census, and if they had a child name Williams.

Sorry but the info to sort out the above is in the parish registers, only after 1837 did BMD certificates become available, I would have to spend a few hours at the records office to sort it out. Can't be done by me online.
The James Lightfoot you ask about I believe I found for you previously (further up the page in the 1841 census)you will have to send an email to the Cheshire records office at the address in the link below. Ask them to look up the baptism of William Lightfoot c 1805 at St Mary Bowden, this should prove who the parents are.

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Shirley-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 February 06 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter

The information that I got from St. Mary archives had said that they had no records of James father , however they had a record of James and Dortothy being buried  in the same cemetery, and that had nothing else on Them,  His words that he used was : " The repetition of the names of James & Dorothy makes these a likely but not a proven match." 

William Lightfoot and Mary Ann Nield and their two children ae buried their , the two children are Mary Ann, Thomas. died before they were a yr old.  Their buriel lot is Grave P351

Now James and Dorothy is buried  in the same cemetery but along way from them at grave 1182. 

Now it is possible that Betty Lightfoot is a daughtr of James and Dorothy .  Also John Hulme Lightfoot  is also buried their.with Dorothy and James.as a nephew..in Grave 1182

But I was given the name of James Lightfoot  who married Anne  or Ann Smith on 1794  at Dunham, Bowden Parish, Cheshire, England.  from someone in England that they though it might be James parents.

However, I will Try Derrick Murdie again and see if he has found anything else.

Thanks again. for all Your great Help, as if it wasn't for you and someother on the line. I would not be as far as I am .  Therefore I like to express my deepest graditude for all your help and theirs.

Best regard
Shirley.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 March 12 21:45 GMT (UK) »
There is now more evidence that they came prior to 27 May 1859 as there is a birth of a son as well.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,121048.msg4379772.html#msg4379772
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com