Author Topic: Jeffry, Anstead (Hanstead), Summerfield  (Read 827 times)

Offline custard_pot

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Jeffry, Anstead (Hanstead), Summerfield
« on: Friday 28 October 05 22:07 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on my Grandmothers family. I know very little about her. I know her name was Sarah and her maiden was Jeffry, she had two brothers called Tom and Jim and two sisters called Charlotte and Eileen. With what I have been told the Jeffry's were a big family in Plymouth.

Her first married name was I believe Anstead or Hanstead, she had two daughters in this marriage called Alice and Winifred. I have been told her first husband died but I don't know how or when.

She then married my grandfather William Charles Summerfield but again I don't know when other than it was i assume before my Dad was born in 1919. In this marriage she had five children who were:
William     born 1919
Jim           born c1922
Peggy      born c1924
Syd          born 1927
Pat          born 1929

Thats about all I know about her other than my Grandad died in 1947 aged 55 years old. I think my Grandmother died in the late 1960's or 1970's she lived on King Street Plymouth in her later years but I know my Dad said that they moved a lot when he was young, I know they lived in Devonport at least once.

Any help would be much appreciated
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Smith, Warwickshire
Young, Leamington /Whitnash / Warwickshire
Somerfield / Bloxwich Staffordshire
Summerfield, Plymouth Devon
Jeffery, Dorset / Plymouth / Devon
Bouskill, Bagshaw, Nottinghamshire/ Barnsley / South yorkshire /
Gent, Blackburn, Wales Yorkshire / Nottingham / Rotherham / Barnsley / South yorkshire