Author Topic: O達rien and Hourihane families  (Read 5807 times)

Offline chelan90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O達rien and Hourihane families
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 04:45 BST (UK) »
Actually, once you have tested with one company you can upload your results to many of the other companies.  However, I'm trying to upload to findmypast from FTDNA and/or Ancestry and am having difficulties.  But I'm sure I will get it.

I wouldn't worry about which side would dominate.  It's random, so the chances that would happen are really slim.  It's like flipping a coin and getting 10 heads (or whatever, depending on your country) out of 100 tries.  The chance of that happening is infinitesimal.  My brother and I are very closely related, DNA-wise.  But we do have somewhat different relationships with more distant relatives.

Jack

Online valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 04:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jack.  I will get back to you WHEN I've taken that next step!

Valerie
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "The Geneal Geologist"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 November 20 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Through atDNA clusters I have come across my wife's MANNING family also went by the name of BRIEN. These are the ones around Dunmanway in West Cork. As an example, a daughter was baptised as MANNING but married as BRIEN.

I understand the agnomina "Mangan or Mongan" for BRIEN Mangan, as an example, was anglicized to MANNING to explain this. I believe in this case, Mangan may mean "hairy".

I am actively crossmatching atDNA from descendants in this cluster if anyone want to contact me about it. See "My Irish Genealigy" on Facebook.
Names list at http://CreativeGraces.net and various Facebook genetic genealogy research blogs. Multiple atDNA in progress.
https://www.facebook.com/MyEnglishGenealogy