Author Topic: GANLEY family  (Read 32905 times)

Offline BJR

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: GANLEY family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 October 05 18:43 BST (UK) »
Tracy, please e-mail me here : (*)

Thanx  :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline katkar2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Looking for any information on a Bernard Ganley, born ca. 1847, in Ireland. Could have been known as Barney. Emigrated to U.S. in early 1860's. Lived first in New Jersey then came to live in Connecticut where he died in 1904. Had one son, Denis. If the naming pattern was used, then his father or grandfather would have been a Denis Ganley.

Denis was my grandfather.

Bonnie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Looking for any information on a Bernard Ganley, born ca. 1847, in Ireland. Could have been known as Barney. Emigrated to U.S. in early 1860's. Lived first in New Jersey then came to live in Connecticut where he died in 1904. Had one son, Denis. If the naming pattern was used, then his father or grandfather would have been a Denis Ganley.

Denis was my grandfather.

Bonnie

Connecticut death certificates usually as for names of parents and date and place of birth- have you gotten his death certificate yet?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TraceyElliott

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 August 11 09:49 BST (UK) »
I have a Bartholomew Ganley, born circa 1831 in Co. Sligo in my family tree, he was my great great grandmothers brother. I have his father as Bartholomew Ganley, born circa 1791 in Co. Roscommon, died 1840 in Lincolshire, UK and his mother was Mary Honara, born 1793 in Co. Sligo, died 1870 in Lincolnshire, UK. He had many brothers and sisters: John Henry, Elizabeth, Mary, Joseph, Anne, Thomas, william, James, Catherine. I'm not 100% sure I've got this right but let me know if this could be the Ganley you're looking for.

Cheers

Tracey

Offline Wendy Jeffrey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 February 14 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My second great grandfather is Bartholomew Ganley, his son John Thomas Ganley m Alice Finnigan who gave birth to my grandmother Rachel in 1920, Rachel m Elijah Scott and my dad is called Bartholomew. I hope I have the information right and i would love any more information you could provide.

Offline dac1083

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 03 February 14 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My second great grandfather is Bartholomew Ganley, his son John Thomas Ganley m Alice Finnigan who gave birth to my grandmother Rachel in 1920, Rachel m Elijah Scott and my dad is called Bartholomew. I hope I have the information right and i would love any more information you could provide.
Hi Wendy; I have been trying to trace my fathers history. His name was Thomas (Tom) Kelly and he was born in July 1929. He left us when I was about 3 years old in Forest Gate, East London and I have very little information about him.
I believe his mother was Jane Ann Ganley, (daughter of Bartholomew Ganley and Alice Finnegan).
Jane married a David Kelly in 1915 in Sunderland, England.
I'm afraid the trail went cold for me and although I believe my father may have passed away now I have been unable to establish where although it is likely to have been in Essex.
I have a couple of John Thomas Ganley's in my research and also a couple of Rachel / Rachael's...
Please let me know if I can be of any further help...

Offline Wendy Jeffrey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 07 February 14 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi I got the original wrong, Bartholomew Ganley born 1926 m Mary Flaherty, their son Bartholomew born 1859 m Alice Finnegan, their son John Thomas Ganley born 1891 m Rachel Kelly and their daughter Rachel Ganley born 1920 is my grandmother who m Elijah Scott  my dad was the last of the Bartholomews in our tree. I am sorry I dont know of any other siblings apart from a Bartholomew who died when he was around 6 years

Offline dac1083

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 February 14 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi I got the original wrong, Bartholomew Ganley born 1926 m Mary Flaherty, their son Bartholomew born 1859 m Alice Finnegan, their son John Thomas Ganley born 1891 m Rachel Kelly and their daughter Rachel Ganley born 1920 is my grandmother who m Elijah Scott  my dad was the last of the Bartholomews in our tree. I am sorry I dont know of any other siblings apart from a Bartholomew who died when he was around 6 years
Ok. Looks like we may well be distant cousins then!! Good luck with your search.

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 June 14 01:21 BST (UK) »
I have a Bartholomew Ganley, born circa 1831 in Co. Sligo in my family tree, he was my great great grandmothers brother. I have his father as Bartholomew Ganley, born circa 1791 in Co. Roscommon, died 1840 in Lincolshire, UK and his mother was Mary Honara, born 1793 in Co. Sligo, died 1870 in Lincolnshire, UK. He had many brothers and sisters: John Henry, Elizabeth, Mary, Joseph, Anne, Thomas, william, James, Catherine. I'm not 100% sure I've got this right but let me know if this could be the Ganley you're looking for.

Cheers

Tracey

Hi,

I have a George Ganly, b. 1789 Co. Roscommon, m. to Elizabeth Hoare b. 1787 in Co. Roscommon. They possibly married in Co. Roscommon. They had a dau. Elizabeth b. 1828 in Edinburgh, Scotland. It sounds like my George and and your Bartholomew could be related!

Unfortunately I don't have any more information but if you have, please let me know!
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)