Author Topic: GANLEY family  (Read 33099 times)

Offline Julycious

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GANLEY family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 25 January 16 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim!

My name is July. Michael Francis Ganley is my gr-gr grandfather.
He's the son of Bartholomew and Ellen
(proof on the wedding registry of Michael Francis).
I have researched on Ancestry web site, and I have Bartholomew born in 1827 and died in 1902. Mary Eleonoram «Ellen» Scanlan born aug 25 1833 died 1891. They lived in Durham, England. But seems they came back to Ireland. I have 9 childrens. Mary Ann 1858 /Bartley 1860 /Michael 1861/ Thomas 1862/ Batholomeus 1865/ James H 1866/ Christopher 1867/ Bartholomew II 1870 and my gr gr grandfather Michael Francis 1874.

Michael Francis came to Massachussets USA, he had 3 childrens, John Matthew Ganley (my gr grandfather) 1896-1960 James 1898-1898 and Kate 1899.
My family told me that Michael, his wife and the 2 kids, came to Quebec. But they had a car accident in St-Hyacinthe city, and both died leaving the kids to orphenage in that city. My gr grandfather (who was about 6 y.o) was place in a family and kept his name. I'm still trying to find Kate (who was around 3 y.o)

I have the wedding registry of Michael Francis.
I have the wedding and the death registry for Thomas.
The wedding registry for James to Sarah.
That I could send you by email.

Best regards,

July Ganley
from Montreal, Qc

Offline kevingmoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 January 17 16:37 GMT (UK) »
On my mother's side of the family I am currently researching the Kelly family from Sunderland and I have come across a Bartholomew Ganley b. 1859 in Sunderland. He married Barbara Ann Goodswen and one of their children was Marian (aka Mary) Alice Ganley b. 19/11/1892 in Sunderland. Marian married my grandfather, Thomas Kelly, who was also born in Sunderland in 1891 (still waiting details from GRO). Thomas Kelly's father was John Kelly and he had a daughter, Rachael b. 31/01/1889 who married John Thomas Ganley in 1913 and their daughter, Rachael, married Elijah Scott.
What I am finding so co-incidental on this 'Ganley' topic is the 'Roscommon' connection as I am stuck (so far) with my father's side of the family (the Moore's) who hailed from Roscommon and I have come to a halt with James Moore b. 1831 in Roscommon. Any information about Marian (Mary) Ganley would be much appreciated.
Moore
Moraghan
Kelly
Ganley
Goodswen
Loxley
Newhall/Newell

Offline kevingmoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 02 January 17 15:10 GMT (UK) »
AMENDMENT: On my mother's side of the family I am currently researching the Kelly family from Sunderland and I have come across a Bartholomew Ganley b. 1859 in Sunderland. He married Barbara Ann Goodswen Alice Finnegan and one of their 5 surviving children (out of 10) was Marian (aka Mary) Alice Ganley b. 19/11/1892 in Sunderland. Amendment made from 1911 census

Moore
Moraghan
Kelly
Ganley
Goodswen
Loxley
Newhall/Newell

Offline Bevstar33

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 16 March 19 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Ganley, Catherine, Bartholomew,  John Mary, I think Alice to name a few are from the garths in Hendon Sunderland,  also related to the Kelly family surname my nan on my mother's side was a ganley married to canavan, her mother's surname was kelly.

Offline Ganley82

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 07 November 20 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I'm lee Ganley. (born as morritt but changed by deed poll back to mother's maiden name.)Born in Sunderland. Now living in county Durham, my twin now lives in Australia. Just wanted to say it's been awesome reading into some of the posts. I know for certain I have family from a newspaper article from ww2 where 4 brothers all served at the same time. One of them being a Bartholomew.

Offline kgmoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 16 January 21 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Ganley, Catherine, Bartholomew,  John Mary, I think Alice to name a few are from the garths in Hendon Sunderland,  also related to the Kelly family surname my nan on my mother's side was a ganley married to canavan, her mother's surname was kelly.

Andrew Canavan married Catherine Ganley in 1942. Catherine was the daughter of John Thomas Ganley and Rachel Kelly (my great aunt).
Moore
Moraghan
Morahan
Kelly
Ganly
Goodswen

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 16 January 21 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Andrew Canavan married Catherine Ganley in 1942.

From https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Marriage Jan-Mar 1942   
Andrew Canavan to Catherine Ganley       Sunderland      10a   1614   

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 16 January 21 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Catherine was the daughter of John Thomas Ganley and Rachel Kelly (my great aunt).

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Birth Jul-Sep 1922   
Ganley Catherine    MMN Kelly    Sunderland    10a   1274

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo