Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 73318 times)

Offline la3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 20:57 BST (UK) »
I too have WHITLEYs of Caergwrle but not much to go on.  Sarah Ann WHITLEY married John BOWEN 7 March 1864, both their residence are given as Holt, both have fathers named Edward, and both fathers are labourers.  Wittnesses to the marriage were Arthur Davies and John Harrison.

I have John and Sarah Ann in the 1901, 1891 and 1881 census.  All in Birkenhead by this time.  All give Sarah born Caergwrle c1845 (though her marriage certificate gives 1841 as her year of birth) and John born Farndon, Cheshire c1844.  Their children were Henry BOWEN c1864 Farndon, Jane BOWEN c1867 Farndon, Margaret A c1870 Abermondoa, then from 1878 the rest are born Birkenhead, they also have a nephew living with them in 81 and 91 Edward WHITLEY c1882 Cefmpbedd.

I have tried looking for them in the 1871 but with no luck as of yet, Cheshire or Flintshire and can't get my hands on the 1861 yet. 

Long shot I understand but any help or advice on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Lisa

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi..what a kind offer. Any chance you could find any info on EDWARD FISHER- ag lab who was married to Ann Brookes, both from Bronington Flint. They had a son George in 1838, who was born there. Any help would be great

cheers  Ronnie
fisher, brookes,pridding(cheshire/flintshire)willcocks,crocker, cockrill,wilcott(plymouth,fowey,bristol),oliver(cornwall)

Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 15:49 BST (UK) »
hi paul.. yes definitely Bronington, it is near hanmer and sometimes comes under wrexham or ellesmere. George fishers birth cert is  from reg district ellesmere/sub district  hanmer/county of flint..place of birth given as bronington  in the parish of hanmer.(1838) on multimap its just off the a495,and to the right of hanmer(if you excuse a silly way of putting it)

thanks ronnie
fisher, brookes,pridding(cheshire/flintshire)willcocks,crocker, cockrill,wilcott(plymouth,fowey,bristol),oliver(cornwall)

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 01 November 04 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Paul, I didnt expect to hear from you so soon.No, I dont have info about :
Edward and family on 1851/61 census
George and twin brother's marriages..that was a big surprise seeing that! ,
but I do have George on 1871 Wales census(assuming Ive got right one(with wife Sarah and children George and William and William Roberts)
I cant thank you enough, its a great help and another step forward(or should that be backward?)

Cheers Ronnie :

Offline hendren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 22 January 05 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,
Would you be able to look up a marriage and death for William Jones, born Whitford Flint in 1830 and his wife Harriet( nee Jones)  born Cilcen Flint in 1831.
Hope you can help,  from Maureen.
Stringer Shoreditch Belfast Liverpool
Bradshaw Belfast
Jones Holywell Flintshire
Hendren Ayrshire
Maurer  France Ayrshire

Offline hendren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 23 January 05 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  It could be the William and Harriet Jones I am looking for, I haven't come across the Pierce before so I can't be sure at the moment.  I do have them on the 81/91 and 1901 census.
from Maureen.
Bradshaw Belfast
Hendren Ayrshire
Maurer  France Ayrshire

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 27 January 05 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Maureen,
Sorry, I could not find a Marriage for William & Harriet in Holywell Parish Records, they might have had a Civil Marriage or Married out of the Parish.
I did find the Burial of a William Jones of North View Villas,
Greenfield, on September 12 1903 age 73.
Could this be your William?
Hope this helps.

Paul.

Offline hendren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 30 January 05 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply
I think it could be the burial of the William Jones that I am looking for, I hope so as he is my Great grandfather.  Did you find that information at the Records office.  Did it mention any other details?
thanks again from Maureen.
Bradshaw Belfast
Hendren Ayrshire
Maurer  France Ayrshire

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 31 January 05 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply
I think it could be the burial of the William Jones that I am looking for, I hope so as he is my Great grandfather.  Did you find that information at the Records office.  Did it mention any other details?
thanks again from Maureen.

Hello Maureen,
Yes, I did find the information at the Records office and no, it did not give any other details of William's Burial.
                                                                                            I did have a quick look Today for Harriet's Baptism in Cilcin and Son's Richard's and Rogers Baptisms in Holywell but did not see anything. If you can give me some more info I will be glad to have another look.

Paul