Author Topic: I'm going to the Ontario Archives  (Read 1043 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
I'm going to the Ontario Archives
« on: Wednesday 02 November 05 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the short notice, but I am going to the Ontario Archives in Toronto tommorrow.  If anyone has any simple lookups they would like me to do, just let me know.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to the Ontario Archives
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 November 05 00:57 GMT (UK) »
hi karen,
hope this gets to you before you go to the oa, its a long shot but im looking for frederick george jefferis(variants) who settled in canada after serving with the expeditionary forces in ww1, born 1895 in gloucester england son of william jefferis and emma (nee  adams) , we know he did not return to uk so settled somewhere over there so i would appreciate it if you could have a quick look just in case more wishful thinking than anything ,
many thanks
krissy
ps, he arrived in quebec in august 1913 on the royal edward and enlisted in sept 1914 thats all i know im afraid
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to the Ontario Archives
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 November 05 21:41 GMT (UK) »
ps, he arrived in quebec in august 1913 on the royal edward and enlisted in sept 1914 thats all i know im afraid

Hi,

Did you know you can view his attestation papers (Front and back) online? And then you can send for his complete military file, which is often chock full of great info.

Just go to The Canadian Military Heritage Project website at http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/ and click on FIND YOUR MILITARY ANCESTOR (left side bar). There's an explanation and links there for these records.

Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore