Author Topic: OVERLAND in Norfolk  (Read 5629 times)

Offline Norfbert

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my
    • View Profile
Re: OVERLAND in Norfolk
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 November 18 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Oh geez. It is early in the morning so will start again. William was  born in the Mitford district in the December quarter of 1862 and was in Norfolk at home in 1891 but I have a William marrying in Rotherham in 1893 and dying there in 1937 age 75. Is that the one? If so he married Lucy Maria Hall in Rotherham in the September quarter 1893. I have them with four children but have not followed them further. Kind regards, Bert Arter.

Offline Norfbert

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 November 18 06:51 GMT (UK) »
Oh geez. It is early in the morning so will start again. William was  born in the Mitford district in the December quarter of 1862 and was in Norfolk at home in 1891 but I have a William marrying in Rotherham in 1893 and dying there in 1937 age 75. Is that the one? If so he married Lucy Maria Hall in Rotherham in the September quarter 1893. I have them with four children but have not followed them further. Kind regards, Bert Arter.

Offline Steve106WL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bert
Thanks for your reply and apologies for not getting back sooner.
I am from rotherham yes. We have a copy of William Overland's birth certificate born 1862 in weasenham. Father was Edward Overland, mother was Sarah Arter. They had four children. Ernest b1894, Jessie b1896, Wilfred b1900, Annie b1902.
Ernest Overland married Ethel Swallow in 1926. These are my grandparents. They had two children Marian b1927 and Roy b1928. Roy was my father. Roy Overland married Doreen Gillions in 1956. They had two children Andrew b1959 and me Stephen b1962.
I married my wife Eileen in 1990. We have two children Holly b 1994 and Richard b1996
I hope this is of use to you.

Thanks  Steve

Offline Norfbert

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 November 18 07:12 GMT (UK) »
Dear Stephen

Thanks for the information. I have now added it to my Arter tree. which is not on Ancestry, well in an up-to-date form. I believe that Eileen`s surname was Edwards, but Findmypast has gone down for maintenance and I must wait to confirm that. Up now at 07.11 so have added Eileen.

Sarah Arter, your great great grandmother was my great grandfathers sister hence we are third or fourth cousins once removed. Sarah was born in Little Massingham in Norfolk and the line only goes back two further generations as her father, Thomas "Arter" was illegitimate, the son of Mary Atto? and Isaac Bird. He was born in Tattersett just up the road from Little Massingham.

I wonder how much research you have done on your Overland family. There is clearly a lot I have not done.

Kind regards

Bert

Offline Steve106WL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 November 18 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bert
Thanks for reply. My wifes maiden name was Eileen Edwards. Funnily enough her family also originate from norfolk. I have only recently started researching our family. Edward Overland and Sarah Arter are as far as Ive gone yet. If l find anything else l will post it on here.
Thanks  Steve