Author Topic: William Francis Dunston  (Read 911 times)

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William Francis Dunston
« on: Friday 04 November 05 23:45 GMT (UK) »
William sailed on the Baltic from Liverpool in 1910 to Ellis Island he was Naturalized in 1918.
We are trying to find out what happened to him.
Did he marry and have a family and when did he die?

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: William Francis Dunston
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 November 05 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any details to help with a search such as approximate date of birth, place of birth, and what state he resided in?
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 November 05 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Is he the 42 year old William Francis DUNSTON from Manchester England who arrived Dec 19, 1910 on the Baltic? It does help if you give full details with any post, makes it easier for those of us who want to do lookups for you. :)

According to the online manifest, it looks like he was in USA for 4 years before this sailing?  Did you see the note that he was inspected at NY in June 1907?? There are two file numbers too.

Try http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/ for help with the markings

Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 November 05 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I think this is your man in New York, Nassau , North Hempstead, District 52 in the 1920 census. He's a butler in a private home (which William gave as his occupation on the passenger list of BALTIC)

Oddly enough the census records his wife as head of the family. I've never seen that before. Anyway her name is Ellen, 43, dressmaker working out of her home, born England, immigrated 1910, naturalized 1916. William also says he nat. in 1916 but there's often a discrepancy in years of imm. or nat.

If you need other census records, try http://allcensusrecords.com/usa/
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 November 05 14:38 GMT (UK) »
William was born in 1874 Chorlton so lied about his age when he emigrated.In 1893 Bury he married Alice Ann Harris they had 2 daughters Edna Louise and Phyliss he then ran off to America with another woman leaving his wife and children behind.They never saw or heard from him again.They always thought he was on the Titanic and went down with it.
I found out about his emigration and naturalisation but am very keen to find out all the rest.

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 November 05 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I cannot seem to be able to follow the links you have kindly given me without going onto Ancestry .com.I do think you have found the right man.I would love to see the census record.How can I find out when he died he never came back to the uk.