Author Topic: Roger Prosser and Mary Lloyd  (Read 6991 times)

Offline KayP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Roger Prosser and Mary Lloyd
« on: Sunday 06 November 05 23:23 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the parents of Roger Prosser.  He was born around 1825 in Llandilo, Radnorshire I think.  In the 1861 and 1871 census he shows up in Llanfrynach, Brecon.
Mary seems to change her age quite a bit and I have found a difference of 10 years but I think she was born around 1820 in either Llaneclives or Gwenddwr or Loreen Brecon.  I think her father may have been Rhees Lloyd of Crickadern, Brecon who was born around 1791.

I have really hit a brick wall with Roger and could really use some help.  Thanks for any offerings   ???

Kay
ALLEY (Wiltshire); HOLLAND (Lancashire); WEIR (Scotland), SUTHERLAND (Scotland); PROSSER (Brecon); PRYOR (Cornwall); ANTHONY (Cornwall); FRY (Somerset)

Offline GlawsyD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Prosser and Mary Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 December 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Kay,

Not sure if we've corresponded before on this subject.

I think your 'Roger' may be my 2nd Gt Grand Uncle (brother to Thomas Prosser (1805 - 1884), therefore son of David Prosser and Magolan (Magdalen or Martha) Wathen (married 8 Dec 1804, Aberedew).

I've got Roger being born about 1819, and marrying Mary Lloyd 17 April 1854 at Llandilo Graban. They had 3 sons, James (abt 1853), David 1856 and William 1860.

Regards

David

Offline KayP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Prosser and Mary Lloyd
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 December 10 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi David

The information you have on Roger is the basically the same as I have except for his parents.  I haven't been able to find any documentation of who they are.  I also have two different birth years for Roger - 1819 or 1825 both in Llandeilo Graban, Radnor.

I have him marrying Mary Lloyd on 17 Apr 1854 in Llandeilo Graban.  On the 1851 census he was working as a labourer for Mary's father, Rees Lloyd in Loreen, Llandeilo Graban.

I have 3 sons for Roger and Mary - James 1853, David 1856 and William 1860 (He was my husband's great grandfather).  Do you have any information on these people and their families?  I have the info on William down to my husband but not sure of his brothers.

I would be very interested in sharing information with you if you think we have the same ancestors.  Do you have any records on Rober's parents?

Merry Christmas

Kay
ALLEY (Wiltshire); HOLLAND (Lancashire); WEIR (Scotland), SUTHERLAND (Scotland); PROSSER (Brecon); PRYOR (Cornwall); ANTHONY (Cornwall); FRY (Somerset)