Author Topic: WIGGINS 1841 Census Cheltenham  (Read 4607 times)

Offline kay11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WIGGINS 1841 Census Cheltenham
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Caz

Edward Wiggins c 1817 isn't one of mine - well not directly anyway!

My Wiggins line stems from a marriage c 1823 in Cheltenham and the couple involved moved sometime between 1844 - 1849 to Birkenhead Cheshire were they settled.

Kay11

Offline caroline hammill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Okay Kay11, thanks for letting me know anyway.

CAZ
DEVON : Gillard,Horn,Powlesland,Cooper,Crocker,Mallett,Branch
GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Hanks,Pratt,Bowen,Hall,Compton,Lawrence,Morris,Williams, Izard,Dancey,Derrett
WORCESTERSHIRE : James, Wheatcroft

Offline wigken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 March 11 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kay11,

Do you have a John Wiggins who married Elizabeth Ash in your family tree? Or Ainslie Family?

Offline wigken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 March 11 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Our family line , post WW2 was John Wiggins and family living in Morton [near Wallasey/ Birkenhead] Cheshire before migrating to Australia in 1960. Other close family then living in Birkenhead and Bootle, Liverpool.

[from John Wiggins, Sydney]

Offline davew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 March 11 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi wigken, Kay11 is a relative of mine ,as above ,I've not heard from her for a while.
My wife is doing the Wiggins family and says  your first message is no ,she has a few missing connections in the Liverpool area.
You say your from Moreton and Birkenhead and Liverpool ,well some where along the line you could be related to our gang who came from Cheltenham in the 1840's and settled in Liverpool and Birkenhead, I still live on the Wirral.
Every year we go to Moreton and join a load of others on Remeberance day and pay our respects to the people on the small Cenataph at the British Legion  club, one of the people is an Albert Wiggins who's name is on the Cenataph, I've checked to see if I could find a connection with him but can't find anything, I did a bit of research and found Albert is on the seaman's memorial next to the Thames, and his ship was sunk by I11 a Japanese submarine he was  the MV Queen Victoria in the Mozambique channel opposite Biera on 26th June 1942, is he part of your family?.

Dave W

Offline wigken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 April 11 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave W,

Sorry for not replying earlier. My partner John Wiggins wrote the last message and doesn't think Albert Wiggins is in our family tree. Who were his parents just in case we have missed someone linked to our tree. Most of the Wiggins I have traced are from West Derby Liverpool Lancashire England. One family had a sweet shop and later ran a pub in Liverpool.

Rozainah

Offline davew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 00:30 BST (UK) »
You mentioned Moreton, Albert Beverley Wiggins  age 19, panel 65 Tower Hill Memorial according to www.cwgc.com ,son of John George Wiggins and M? Wiggins of Moreton ,can't get any further than that , West Derby, my daughter lives in West Derby, the problem is in the 1800s there are loads of Wiggins living in the Preston to Wigan area who came to work in Liverpool and district , but Moreton Wiggins could be an offshoot from the Wiggins who lived in Seacombe and came to Wirral via Chester.