Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 113641 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen I think what your cousins mum means is the graves are situated on the outer edges not in the middle.
But i still need the plot number. I was surprised the info you sent me on the internment of Mary Ann &  William Thomas Taylor didn't give a plot number. When i first started taking naval  inscription's from the cemetery. I was surprised at the amount of fallen  stones from the 1930/40. when stones from the 1800 are still standing. When i asked about this, it was said that the older stones were buried deeper than today. Thats just one reason.
Just for the record. As i have said Edith Road & Tudor avenue are near each other. Seacombe is in Wallasey not B/Head. I will send you a copy of the map i use to find plots. Small map,Big plots, big cemetery. If you click on the picture and save it to/as your documents you should be able to print it out.   

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Andrea Before that monstrosity of an air vent was built( for the Mersey Tunnel i think) i am sure Tudor Avenue was longer than i found it, and it opened up onto the promenade at one time. thats why i never found it years ago because it got enclosed.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Clannessie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 16:09 GMT (UK) »
And here I was so anxious in thinking you might really find the gravesite  :(

Well, first not sure if maybe part of not finding the grave plot is that the last name should be "TAYLOR" not Turner. They are William Thomas and Mary Ann (or Marianne) Taylor.

I wrote my Aunt another letter yesterday and asked if I could have a copy of the records she has to look at them myself.

Second, yes, even though I didn't write back about it.....I do realize Birkenhead and Seacombe are two different places  :)

I would be interested in looking at the site map. My aunt answers very quickly so maybe in a week or so I will have the copies of the records.

Thanks again for all your help!
Karen
Taylor & Simpson - Drumgrannon, Moy, County Tyrone, Ireland
Taylor - Birkenhead, Seacombe, England
Savage - County Tyrone, Ireland
Savage - Milngavie, Scotland & South Africa
Cooper - Ireland & Milngavie
Woods - Ireland
Thomson - Ireland
Young - Barony, Calton, Glasgow, Scotland
Galloway - Stirling & Glasgow, Scotland
Campbell - Jura & Stirling, Scotland
Murdock -England, Nova Scotia

Offline Clannessie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Celia,

I just re-read my Aunt's letter and she said:

the grave is in SECTION 11 and NUMBERED 186

that sounds like a plot number to me!

Karen
Woods - Ireland
Thomson - Ireland

Offline Clannessie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Pesky Me again..........

Does the cemetery have a "Keeper" on the grounds that would have a list of names and plots or am I asking too much? Or if no names at least know where Section 11 number 186 was?

Karen
Woods - Ireland
Thomson - Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pesky I sent you a map earlier on and have been stuck on the post reply board for half an hour had to shut the computer down and my post didnt  go.No the cemetery doesnt have a keeper. All the information of burials is as i said kept in the records/Archive Department of the Town Hall.The burial Pages were copied from all the burial books for Rake Lane plus others onto a film. which i can view on a special machine Page by page. By appointment only, and is what i am doing for you tomorrow. As the film itself is very exspencive and it's contents of value. The films are kept  locked up and only taken out for the person with the appointment, me ;D  good news about the plot number. I will keep the appointment tomorrow though in case i get anything you havent got. Sorry did i say Turner somwhere ???Dont worry i know i am looking or Taylor your post has been on my desk all week
Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Andrea Before that monstrosity of an air vent was built( for the Mersey Tunnel i think) i am sure Tudor Avenue was longer than i found it, and it opened up onto the promenade at one time. thats why i never found it years ago because it got enclosed.

Celia

Hi Celia....Nothing came out...just a pic of a paper clip(attachment)....Yes what a shame the vent is there...how much different it would have been back in the early 1900's.
Andrea :)
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 November 04 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Karen     My Report

C.O.E
Looked at three films today C.O.E. & Catholic for the given years. Sept 23rd 1922 Mary Ann (Simpson) Taylor age 66
No Burials at all on that date.  As people are normally buried a week after death i looked further down with no luck.

Catholic Folio 145
Only 7 Burials in Sept 1922  none on or near that date and no Taylors

C.O.E Folio 174 December 1963
No Burial For a Taylor on  23rd Dec 1963
I did find  Ellen May or Mary Taylor Buried 31st Dec 1963 aged 77 Abode 1a Stringhay Road Liscard. Burial A.Sub
 plot 18c. Now that one is on the edge.
I cant understand your section 11 as there isn't a section 11. Only an 11G 11C 11R. If you look on the map i sent you 11R is also round the edge.
There is something not right here, these people should be  in the books if they are buried there. They arnt, Can you find anymore clues? The next fine day i will get off the bus at the other side of the cemetery and have a look on Plot 18c and take note of the grave Stone.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Clannessie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 12 November 04 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank for all your very hard effort on this kiddo!

All I know more for sure is that they were not Catholic...so you won't find them under that list. They were Church of Ireland and involved with the Orangemen.

Hopefully when I hear next from my Aunt in Montreal I will have something more to add.

I called my Mom's younger sister,  only one left from thatf amily, and told her about yopur efforts. She thought that was so nice of you and was very impressed. They live near Manchester area. She's hoping when I have all the info on the cemetery to be able to go when the weather is nice in the spring to have a look herself.

So we'll keep plugging along

Love,
Karen
Woods - Ireland
Thomson - Ireland