Author Topic: FOULKES and DAVIES families before 1831 - Llandrinio  (Read 2801 times)

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
FOULKES and DAVIES families before 1831 - Llandrinio
« on: Friday 11 November 05 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if anyone has access to any records which may help with researching the following person, who are my 3rd great-grandparents?

They are Thomas FOULKES (abt 1816) and Elizabeth DAVIES (abt. 1811), both born in Llandrinio and married there in the Parish Church in 1831.

I'd like to find out a date for their wedding, birth, and christenings.  It would also be great to find to find details for their parents & siblings. 

If anyone has access to records they can search for me I would be most grateful.  I do already them and their own family in the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census.

Kind Regards to you all,

Garry Brookes- Preston, Lancashire (UK)
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Lancashire - Forsyth, Haddock, Hanlon

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Staffordshire - Habberley, Mills, Billings, Breeze

Offline eric

• RootsChat Senior
  • Thank you for any help
    • View Profile
Re: FOULKES and DAVIES families before 1831 - Llandrinio
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 06 11:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a Davies family at Llandrinio, we maybe of the same line. How ever I get stuck at Llandrinio. My relatives were Shop Keeperes and Grocers there.Edward Davies husband, Elizabeth Davies wife. They were my G.G. Grand Parents, they have two sons born and baptised there. Edward George Davies, Baptised August 9th 1829, my                   G. Grandfather and his brother, Thomas Davies, Baptised February 20th 1831. There maybe a memorial in Llandrinio to Thomas Davies and wife [ not confirmed ] "In loving memory of Thomas beloved husband of Martha Davies " Post Office " who died March 19th 1904 age 63 years and also Martha Davies,who died May 25th 1933 aged 89 years.  Edward George Davies and his wife Martha were  Grocers and Drapers in Churchstoke, Montgomeryshire.Keep me posted if we have connections.

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
Re: FOULKES and DAVIES families before 1831 - Llandrinio
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 March 06 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Eric,

sorry to have been so long in replying, I've had problems which have kept me off Rootschat just lately. :(

Anyway, now I'm back I've had a look at the Davies family you mention from your own family tree.  I can't see a link at the moment, as I have no parents or siblings for my Elizabeth Davies.

I do have some new news, in that after looking at more census returns I believe that Thomas FOULKES was now born about 1806 and Elizabeth DAVIES about 1803.

Incidentally, you may like to know I have traced another branch of ancestors back as far as Thomas DAVIES born about 1767 in Beguildy, Radnorshire.  He married Mary at Clunbury, having 11 children.  This Davies family then spreads out over South-West Shropshire and over the border into Montgomeryshire over a few generations.  I don't find your DAVIES names amongst them though!!

Cheers for now,
Garry
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Lancashire - Forsyth, Haddock, Hanlon

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Staffordshire - Habberley, Mills, Billings, Breeze