Author Topic: Moving topics  (Read 1159 times)

Offline saar3

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Moving topics
« on: Saturday 12 November 05 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry if this is a daft question.

I posted a look up request - for a gg aunt who was born in Staffordshire - in the general look up section but it has been moved to the Staffordshire look up section. How do I move it back. I think there's only a small possibility that they were living in Staffs.

???
Researching Moon, Jeffrey, Umpleby, Mortimer, Lowcock, Lynch, Naylor, Cobb, Emmott, Lofthouse, Limbert, Brooks, Gilbank, Wilkinson, Watkinson, Hebden, Hey and Clemie in Yorkshire<br />and<br />Myatt and Lawrence in Staffordshire and Warwickshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moving topics
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 November 05 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Saar,

the moderators usually move look-up requests to where they think the most people with that knowledge will see it.

So if you think they got it wrong, then contact (PM) any moderator (look at "Users online" on the homepage, the moderator names are red) and ask them to move it.

But before you do this, it may be better to modify your post with any details where you think they might be found, otherwise it may get moved back to Staffs. again  :)

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

My research interests (and data found) can be seen on my website:   http://www.margulies-chronicles.com/

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.