Author Topic: John Stephenson & Annie Rooney  (Read 2105 times)

Offline gjil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
John Stephenson & Annie Rooney
« on: Sunday 13 November 05 13:26 GMT (UK) »
any information on John Stephenson & Annie Rooney married in the district, Claro? in 1948. Is this in Yorkshire? I think they might have lived in Harrogate and Scarborough.
They met during WW11 in India, 1940/41. She was previously married to John/Jack Kenyon and they had 4 children.They married in county down, !932.He was in the North staffs regiment in Ballykinlar.
Whitmore  Shoreditch
England Staffordshire & Shoreditch
Kenyon Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
Rooney County Down
Wilkin Lincolnshire
Clare  Lambeth
Cooper Middlesex
Tyas Yorkshire

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: John Stephenson & Annie Rooney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 January 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jil,

You left the Chatterbox before I returned with this information. http://www.ni-libraries.net Since you mentioned both Ballykinlar and Killyleagh you might consider writing to the library at Killyleagh. Ballykinlar is serviced by a mobile unit from Ballynahinch Library.

I spotted the name Kenyon. There was a Miss Brenda Kenyon at Strathearn School when my sister was there in the 1950s. Miss Kenyon, as far as my sister can recall, was a science teacher. One of her pastimes when not teaching was the sport of fencing. I think she was well known in that sport in the north of Ireland. I know it is a long shot but a note to the Northern Ireland Fencing Union might reveal more information about Miss Kenyon. My sister told me it was very hard as a fourteen year old to judge the ages of her teachers. I am guessing Brenda to be about the right age to be a daughter of Annie and Jack.

Claro indeed is in the Harrogate region of North Yorkshire

Best Wishes, Chris

Offline gjil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 January 06 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks christopher for that information. No, Brenda Kenyon is not related to them.

gjil
Whitmore  Shoreditch
England Staffordshire & Shoreditch
Kenyon Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
Rooney County Down
Wilkin Lincolnshire
Clare  Lambeth
Cooper Middlesex
Tyas Yorkshire

Offline Eehchristie

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 18:11 BST (UK) »
Brenda is my aunt and she is alive and well in Co Down. She is my aunt. Coincidentally I now live in Harrogate!

Eileen.

Thanks christopher for that information. No, Brenda Kenyon is not related to them.

gjil