Author Topic: 1871 -Somerset for Frederick TURNER  (Read 626 times)

Offline noddie

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Shaping families of the past'
    • View Profile
1871 -Somerset for Frederick TURNER
« on: Wednesday 01 September 04 06:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I wondered if some kind person would have access to the 1871 census for Bedminster, Somerset/Devon/Gloucester.  I am trying to find my relative Frederick George TURNER, Chr  to Chs and Sarah D (Davy) Babbage on 26 Feb 1865 Bedminster, Somerset.
I have found a family on 1881 census for same he is 16 born Bedminster, Somerest. On the 1891 census I have Frederick G Turner aged 26yrs born  Bristol, Devon. , living with Chs and Sarah D. Then searching the 1901 I find a Fred TURNER aged 32yrs, (this is my chap married to Florence) born Bristol, Gloucester. I am a little confused as to whether Gloucester, is near Somerset/Devon?.  Is anyone able to easily check the 1871 census for me?
Thanks heaps for any help
Regards
Gwen Nadin
Nadin - Sheffield England
Wragg-Rotherham, England
Joby, Rotherham, England
Irwin-Hamilton, Castlederg N.Ireland
Bell-Londonderry Ireland
Swaby, Lincolnshire to Doncaster, England

Offline Liam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 -Somerset for Frederick TURNER
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 September 04 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
I wondered if some kind person would have access to the 1871 census for Bedminster, Somerset/Devon/Gloucester.  I am trying to find my relative Frederick George TURNER, Chr  to Chs and Sarah D (Davy) Babbage on 26 Feb 1865 Bedminster, Somerset.
I have found a family on 1881 census for same he is 16 born Bedminster, Somerest. On the 1891 census I have Frederick G Turner aged 26yrs born  Bristol, Devon. , living with Chs and Sarah D. Then searching the 1901 I find a Fred TURNER aged 32yrs, (this is my chap married to Florence) born Bristol, Gloucester. I am a little confused as to whether Gloucester, is near Somerset/Devon?.  Is anyone able to easily check the 1871 census for me?

Somerset isn't available on the 1871 census at Ancestry yet, though someone might have it on CD. Don't know if you've got this already but I found Charles and Sarah's marriage on the IGI at familysearch:

Charles Turner 
  Male
~~~~~~~~
Parents:
  Father:  George Turner

~~~~~~~~
Marriages:
  Spouse:  Sarah Davy Babbage
  Marriage:  08 DEC 1861   Bedminster, Somerset, England

~~~~~~~~
 Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter. 

~~~~~~~~
Source Information:
   No source information is available.
~~~~~~~~

There could well be more entries there too, though I should point out that submitted records on the IGI aren't considered totally reliable, so you might want to verify the info from other sources before trusting it completely.

This IGI is here if you want to check it out:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

Liam

London(Wapping, Whitechapel, Camberwell): Collins, Ryan, Sullivan.
Wiltshire(Bradford, North Bradley): Turner.
Hampshire(Alton): Warner.

Offline noddie

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Shaping families of the past'
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 -Somerset for Frederick TURNER
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 September 04 03:44 BST (UK) »
Thankyou heaps for you reply, this chap of mine seems a little bit of a mystery.  I truly appreciate the help you have give me and shall look at if further.
Kindest re ards
Gwen   :)
Nadin - Sheffield England
Wragg-Rotherham, England
Joby, Rotherham, England
Irwin-Hamilton, Castlederg N.Ireland
Bell-Londonderry Ireland
Swaby, Lincolnshire to Doncaster, England