Author Topic: Photo of Maria ASCOUGH - lady identified - is she yours??  (Read 1828 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Photo of Maria ASCOUGH - lady identified - is she yours??
« on: Monday 14 November 05 20:42 GMT (UK) »
**Mods, please move this if you think it would be better posted somewhere else!  :) **

Hi all,
You may have followed this thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,103743.0.html

where Jakky kindly donated over 250 old photos to the folks on Rootschat.  I've now got hold of the photos and have started entering the data, prior to scanning them and putting them up on the web.  The aim is for everyone to be able to see them, and claim them if they are yours.

I have identified one lady already thanks to the info written on teh back of the photo.  Unfortunately my scanner is not connected at the  moment but the information states:

Maria ASCOUGH
wife of Samuel MAPLESDEN

I checked the 1871 census and sure enough found Samuel and Maria:
9 Wilson Street, Battersea
MAPLESDEN
Samuel   Head   Mar    34   Clerk at Candle Factory   Sussex, Rotherfield
Maria   Wife      Mar   28   --               Suffolk, Ipswich
Emma   Daur      --   1   --               Surrey, Battersea
Sarah   Mother   Wid   64   --               Essex, Abridge

If these people "belong" to you, I would be more than happy to send you the photograph for your own collection.  Please contact me if you recognise these names.

Cheers
Prue

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Photo of Maria ASCOUGH - lady identified - is she yours??
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 November 05 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Well done Prue,

That's 1 down - 249 to go!!

That ones not mine but look forward to the others.

Great work - hope you can get your scanner working - and maybe just as important read any details - hope you are better at that than the enumerators who followed my family about!!  ;D

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 00:34 GMT (UK) »
May I make a suggestion?
          Could all your future postings on these pic's be put under an obvious heading. As I'm sure you'd appreciate, we don't read every posting - and it's only by luck that I read this one. I imagine there are people out there eagerly awaiting any posting fromyou on the Victorian photo's, and as myself wouldn't be looking under the current heading.
           "Prue and Jakky's Victorian Photo's" may be appropriate.
                         Hope I'm not intruding on your space or being pedantic.
                                                               Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Denn,
No problems at all!  I guess I got a bit excited and wanted to get this one up fast.
THe photos themselves will go onto a website, but yes, I"ll take your advice and put any transcriptions/info onto a special thread.

CHeers
Prue

Offline Zoe44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 November 18 18:23 GMT (UK) »
**Mods, please move this if you think it would be better posted somewhere else!  :) **

Hi all,

where Jakky kindly donated over 250 old photos to the folks on Rootschat.  I've now got hold of the photos and have started entering the data, prior to scanning them and putting them up on the web.  The aim is for everyone to be able to see them, and claim them if they are yours.

I have identified one lady already thanks to the info written on teh back of the photo.  Unfortunately my scanner is not connected at the  moment but the information states:

Maria ASCOUGH
wife of Samuel MAPLESDEN

MAPLESDEN

If these people "belong" to you, I would be more than happy to send you the photograph for your own collection.  Please contact me if you recognise these names.

Cheers
Prue

Hi i know this thread is very old but are these Victorian photos still accessible??
I would absolutely love to see my relative Maria Ascough if they still are?  :)

Offline Zoe44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 September 19 17:56 BST (UK) »

Hi all,

Maria ASCOUGH
wife of Samuel MAPLESDEN

MAPLESDEN

Cheers
Prue

Hi i know this thread is very old but are these Victorian photos still accessible??
I would absolutely love to see my relative Maria Ascough if they still are?  :)