Author Topic: Mary Louise Allen  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Mary Louise Allen
« on: Monday 14 November 05 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

Looking for information on Mary Louise Allen, daughter to John Smith Allen & his wife Mary who was born in 1895 (possibly American) no maiden name at present.  They appear on the 1920 Census in Pennslyvania in what looks like Williamsfort City.

Any infor is appreciated,

Swally

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Louise Allen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 19:49 GMT (UK) »
It's Williamsport, Lycoming Co.

I had to look to find out your Mary's year of birth and place of birth, because it's too difficult to hunt without those details.  For anyone else wanting to dig in and help, your Mary Louise was listed as 1 month old in 1920 census.

You say that the wife Mary was "possibly American" but I'm unclear why you have that with a question - the census gives the place of birth

John's (age 30) is Scotland, he immigrated 1911 and is still an Alien. Mary's (age 25) is Pennsylvania as is Mary Louise's. Both Mary's parents were born in PA according to this census.

Hope that is some help.
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Louise Allen
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 November 05 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Eillio,

thanks for the quick reply, this is where it gets interesting but I need help from you guys the other side of the pond.

Thanks again,

Swally