Author Topic: a2a Info for Ware  (Read 8085 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: a2a Info for Ware
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 April 06 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Now I remember Linda - seen that page before - everyone has someone from Butcherley Green!!  ;)
I could suggest another visit somewhere - but wont!

I wondered about the grave etc - don't usually put things about place of birth on any death records, Chelle - so will have to find my thinking cap (don't use it that often!!)

Wonder if the Parish Records for her marriage give any witnesses - might get something from their names.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 April 06 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your help. Up to now I can't find the marriage entry. There is a site that give some info on Back st which half of it is now railway st in Butcherly Green, now a shopping centre.
I am in a bit of a hurry doing this cos I have to go away for a few days and I don't have enough arms and legs to get everything done with work and the kids etc so will be back on line Easter weekend. have a good Easter.
Regards 'Chelle 
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just to let you know I had a quick look on my CD ( Hertford return of owners of land in 1873) It lists all people or organisations who owned 1 acre of land in the county of Hertford. The name Josolyne wasn't there. If you want me to look for anyone else let me know. In one way I thought what's the point of telling you that but on the other hand it helps clarify when a family may have moved on especially between census.
Hope you had a good Easter
regards
'chelle
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 April 06 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This is another topic that I didn't get any emails saying that a reply had been posted :(

Sorry Chelle I wasn't ignoring you !  Many thanks for looking up the Josolyne name.  My Josolyne's (the male line) moved from Ware c. 1850.

Anna :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 April 06 09:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
That's ok. My Richard Hoare from Mardocks moved to Matching Tye in Essex after 1851 C and before the 1861 C but I don't know which farm. It doesn't say. All his family except him, eventually went to London and became Liceinced Victuallers.

Have you found where your Joselyne's came from before Mardocks?

Regards
chelle
HOARE Hertfordshire