Author Topic: Lycoming, Williamsport City  (Read 985 times)

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Lycoming, Williamsport City
« on: Wednesday 16 November 05 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guys,

it transpires that my Great Uncle made it to Williamsport to be included in the 1920 Census.  He was a John Allan (Allen) he amrried a girl called Mary (no surname) and had a daughter Mary Louise.
If anyone can do a bit of digging on my behalf I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best

Swally

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Lycoming, Williamsport City
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 05 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Can you give more details to help out looking for the family?  DO you have a state they lived in in 1920 and approximate ages and birth places?  Every bit helps.  Even if you put this info in another query, please repeat as someone might not have seen the other query.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 November 05 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Guys,

John Allen his wife Mary and daughter Mary Louise appear on the 1920 Census for  the Township of Williamsport City in the County of Lycoming.  He is aged 30 and Mary 25, he was born in Aberdeen Scotland and had arrived in 1911.  Mary was born in Penslyvania.  The Census was taken on January 1920 , Mary Louise is noted as being aged 1 month meaning she would have been born 1919.

The Enumeration district was 80.

I know of no further details to help in my quest.  If anyone can shed any light on this couple I would be obliged,

Swally

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 November 05 00:09 GMT (UK) »
I haven't got access, but it looks like they are still in Williamsport in 1930, but with the name spelled Allan (at least on the index).

John Allan, b. 1890, Scotland
Mac Irene Allan (??), b. 1895
Mary L Allan, b. 1920
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 November 05 16:00 GMT (UK) »
That's great news thanks for your input there buddy.  I suppose the next step would be to find out when they died.

Thanks again,

Swally

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 November 05 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Guys,

thanks for your help in trying to locate this chap, it appears that this one is not my great uncle, on further investigation this John Allen was born in Kirkubright and not Aberdeen.

Thanks