Author Topic: BEALE(S) Anyone researching my line?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
BEALE(S) Anyone researching my line?
« on: Friday 18 November 05 08:49 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the marriage or any info regarding Simon Beal and Mary ? married circa 1735ish.

Their daughter Mary was baptised 7 July 1738 at St Stephen, Norwich and married Michael Dalton 28 June 1762 at St Mary in the Marsh, Norwich.

On the IGI I found the marriage of a Simon Beal and Mary Tillot 6 Oct 1685 at St Mary in the Marsh, Norwich.  Way too early for the Simon & Mary I'm looking for but there could well be a connection.

If anyone has knowledge of the marriage or any possible clues I would be most grateful.

Thanks
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BEALE(S) Anyone researching my line?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 February 21 02:11 GMT (UK) »
I believe I have now found the marriage of my ancestors Simon and Mary Beale aka Bale.

Simon Bale, bachelor, married Mary Dayns, widow, 1 Jan 1733 at Wymondham, Norfolk,  they do not appear to have baptised children in Wymondham, or at least I've failed to find any, I have checked on Ancestry and FreeReg.

There are two Simon Bales who could be the husband of Mary Dayns: -

Simon Bale baptised 27 Oct 1705 at Wymondham, the son of Willyom and Mary.

Simon Bale baptised 1 Apr 1706 at Wymondham, the son of Bartholomew, wife's name stated to be unreadable.

Does any of the above ring a bell with anyone?

I have a very brief note, Simon Beale 1741, I have no idea where that came from, I have checked Ancestry and FreeReg 1731 to 1751 with no results.

Regards.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 February 21 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Notes
The 1706 baptism at Wymondham the mother is Rachel.  (NFHS)

Another Simon baptized 13 October 1711 also Wymondham of Nathanial and Ann

Great Ellingham
I mention it because as the first daughter of Michael and Mary is named Ann. Probably a coincidence
2nd daughter Jane/Jenny, 3rd daughter Jenny. First son is Michael, 2nd John 3rd Thomas.so relying on naming patterns doesn't help

There is a Mary Bales of Thomas and Mary baptized 20 September 1741 at St Andrew Raveningham Norfolk

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 February 21 02:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks amondg, I'll have a look at my Family Group Sheets, especially my Daltons to see if any of those names were handed down.

Michael Dalton and his wife Mary Beales baptised their children in Gt Ellingham, their son Michael, a blacksmith, moved to Coggeshall, Essex where he married Jane Anthony.

Regards.

Offline ruthruss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 August 22 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi there, my ancestor is Simon Beales, twin brother to your Mary Beales who married Michael Dalton. I think you mentioned in your original post that their parents were Simon and Mary. Their mother was actually Elizabeth Poole, I believe; Simon and Mary's baptism record was incorrectly transcribed. Simon and his father Simon were weavers. Do you have a tree on Ancestry? I'd love to compare. Here's the link to mine: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/6176998/person/242336902958/facts.
Allen Batterby Rimmer Conroy Brigham Pierpoint Butcher Winnard

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 August 22 12:32 BST (UK) »
I believe I have now found the marriage of my ancestors Simon and Mary Beale aka Bale.

Simon Bale, bachelor, married Mary Dayns, widow, 1 Jan 1733 at Wymondham, Norfolk,  they do not appear to have baptised children in Wymondham, or at least I've failed to find any, I have checked on Ancestry and FreeReg.

Is that date 1 Jan 1733/4, i.e the January which would follow December 1733? If marriage actually 1734, the following might be connected.

There is a marriage of an Edmund Dayns to a Mary Stephenson in 1729, and a burial for an Edmund Dayns in Wymondham on 20 May 1733.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 August 22 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there, my ancestor is Simon Beales, twin brother to your Mary Beales who married Michael Dalton. I think you mentioned in your original post that their parents were Simon and Mary. Their mother was actually Elizabeth Poole, I believe; Simon and Mary's baptism record was incorrectly transcribed. Simon and his father Simon were weavers. Do you have a tree on Ancestry? I'd love to compare. Here's the link to mine: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/6176998/person/242336902958/facts.

Hi, Sorry but I don't have my Dalton and Beale family on Ancestry. I do have just a small tree of my Essex Searles people which I put on there to counter some incorrect info regarding those Searles.

I've had a quick look at your Beales/Bales on Ancestry, Having just arrived back today in Australia from a Bali holiday I'm a bit jet lagged, so I'll have another look tomorrow when the brain is up and running.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 August 22 06:38 BST (UK) »

Is that date 1 Jan 1733/4, i.e the January which would follow December 1733? If marriage actually 1734, the following might be connected.

There is a marriage of an Edmund Dayns to a Mary Stephenson in 1729, and a burial for an Edmund Dayns in Wymondham on 20 May 1733.

Hi, I record dates as they appear in the PRS so it would be 1733/4, going by the post of ruthruss the bride may not be Mary Dayns but Elizabeth Poole, an incorrect transcription in the Bishops Transcripts, which is where I sourced that info via Family Search.  All being well I'll start reviewing what I have tomorrow. It looks like I'll need to make alterations.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 07:47 BST (UK) »
I found what could be the burial of Elizabeth Bale (nee Pool) wife of Simon, Elizabeth was buried 25 Feb 1741 at Wreningham the same day as Simon & Elizabeth's daughter Rebecca was baptised at Wreningham, unfortunately the entry did not provide any identifying details such as Elizabeth being someone's wife or daughter.