Author Topic: Ann Morris  (Read 25201 times)

Offline Cdd123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Morris
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  I know this is an old discussion, but I have only just found it.  I am also a direct descendent of Joseph and Ann via their son John and his son William.  As far as I know, and the evidence, Joseph married as Escott in Kilkeevin church whilst a soldier in the 14th regiment, also know as the Buckinghamshire.  This was in 1850 whilst stationed at Castlereagh barracks.  There is an indication that part of the 14th was stationed with the 17th regiment that left for India in 1851 and that might have been the catalyst for Joseph and his wife and in-laws to leave for England and take the name Ham(p)stead.  Eventually they all settled in Rawmarsh, Rotherham.  Eventually my grandfather, William, left Rawmarsh to work in the Kent coalfields but, unfortunately, left with someone else's wife.  I have no idea what happened to his wife but heard she may have gone to Canada with their two sons but this might not be true.  If anyone knows anything about this, it would be good to know.  Thanks.

Offline Alison Newell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Morris
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 January 24 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I have only just come across this site and information. I am descended from Ann Morris and Joseph Hamstead, through their daughter Elizabeth, who married Michael Logan, they had daughter Ann Logan, who married Charles Ainscough, their daughter Ruth was my grandma.

Any info would be gratefully received

Alison