Author Topic: Ann Morris  (Read 25192 times)

Offline jane weston

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Morris
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 February 10 12:46 GMT (UK) »
great to hear from you
I am very excited about this, I talked to a third cousin last week, I didnt know he existed and he told me about Joseph and Ann, we are both descended from Peter, their son, I cannot wait to hear from you, I am also at work, but I am in the US

thajnks
jane

Offline twr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 February 10 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

See my 1 Dec 2009 posting.  I'm still stuck at  Ann Morris & Joseph Hamstead of Truro stage.

I'm not yet able to use the Personal Message system so can't provided you with any detailed information about recent bits of my wife's HAMSTEAD heritage.    What evidence do you have for the change of name and how do I get hold of the tree that you mentioned going back to 1500?

I shall be happy to let you have any of the more recent data including photos.

Trevor

Offline MOLTEN LAVA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 February 10 18:52 GMT (UK) »
hello,
I have been researching the Hamstead family tree for many years. My GG grandfather was Joseph Escott born in treworthal in cornwall about 1828. The family story is that he joined the army and was posted to Ireland. In 1850 he married Anne Morris in Ireland. At some point after the marriage he was said to have deserted from the army and made his way over to England with his wife and possibly one or two children we think via Liverpool, Ashton under Lyne and making their way down to parkgate in Rotherham where they settled, finding work in the Steel Works. Several
children continued to be registered as Escots but in 1866 I found a daughter Eliza registered as hampstead, although they were all Hampstead in the census returns from 1861 onwards. Hope this helps

Offline MOLTEN LAVA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:peter murray
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 March 10 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Jane,
Peter Murray was my father's cousin, his mother Annie and my grandfather were brother and sister, my father talked about the time before he went to America many years ago when I first started to ask about the family history. If I can help with more information please let me know
Linda
ps I am very new to this posting on line but had to reply when I saw your message

Offline jane weston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 March 10 18:14 GMT (UK) »
to Molten Lava

I am in between classes right now, so i will respond more later
I think this means that your grandfather must be Peter or William Hamstead?

I thought my Dad had no family except his mum, do you live in Rotherham
I am in New York State and I am planning to visit Rotherham in the summer,  my brothers and I grew up in Abingdon
i am so excited at finding family but sad because it is too late for my dad
I would love more information and wish there was someway I can contact you more directly

Thanks
jane

Offline MOLTEN LAVA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 March 10 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,
My grandfather was William as was my father. I would like to talk to you more directly but not sure how to do that yet. I have a photograph of my great grandfather George with I think your father aged about 15. Look forward to hearing more from you
Linda

Offline jane weston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 March 10 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda
this is wonderful

I do not know how do to a personal message, can you give me some hints for name and place etc and I can look you up?

it says after 3 posts we should be able to send personal messages

Hi Sue, if you see this can you give me info on how to get in touch with Linda

thanks
Jane

Offline smcalpine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 March 10 22:15 GMT (UK) »
To send a personal message to Linda - click on her user name then scroll down the page and click on send this rootchatter a personal message. Please feel free to give Linda my e-mail in your personal message to we can get the Hamstead 'hub' growing :-)

Sue

Offline Blenheim27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 August 10 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Hampsteads / Hamsteads,

I'd love to exchange information, though I understand I need to make 3 postings on here before I can do a personal message. I am a Hampstead descended from Thomas Hampstead, son of Joseph Escott/Arscott/Hamstead and Ann Morris , and my grandparents were born in Rotherham before moving down south (though I know of at least one person with Hampstead blood still living  in Rotherham). One of my family visited Cornwall this year and went to Philleigh where Joseph was born and took some photos - it's a tiny pretty village, literally a pub (it's a few hundred years old so some Hampsteads must have been in there) , 4/5 small cottages, a church and a manor house - so you can narrow down to about 5 houses where the Escotts/Arscotts lived for a couple of hundred years. (Madonna's rumoured to be buying a house on the Roseland peninsula where Philleigh is situated and which is meant to be very picturesque.) Would be delighted to share any info - I have a photo of Joseph and Ann and more recent Hampsteads.

Kind Regards,
Blenheim27