Author Topic: 1841, 1851 Ruabon Census Lookup  (Read 1149 times)

Offline nickel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841, 1851 Ruabon Census Lookup
« on: Friday 18 November 05 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I am looking for John Williams, blacksmith, and family in Ruabon; wife Margaret, sons John, Robert, Gomer.  John was born abt 1805 and Margaret about 1810.

Daughter Mary Ann should appear in 1841, but would not appear in 1851.

Many thanks!

Nick

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841, 1851 Ruabon Census Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:54 GMT (UK) »
I am the bearer of bad news I'm afraid.the 1841 Census for the Ruabon area is "missing",as well as the 1851 Census on Ancestry.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nickel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi William - Thanks for your reply.  I was afraid that 1841 was missing, and I know that 1851 is not up on Ancestry.  I've messaged them about this, but they've given me definitive answer, except to sat that they haven't finished entering everything and they don't know if/when they will get to Ruabon.  Do you know if these records actually exist for 1851?

Regards,

Nick

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 November 05 22:40 GMT (UK) »
The 1851 Census does exist for the area,it is at the Rhosymedre Resource Centre of Clwyd FHS,of which I am a member.However it is not indexed,you have to go through all the slides on Microfiche to find anything!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nickel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 November 05 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Oh, I am familiar with that process!  It's alot of work, isn't it?  I won't be getting to that area until next year, so I may have to wait.

Regards,

Nick